Hello from Minneapolis

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winterland

Reaction score
Fairly new pipe smoker. Started last fall then dropped off a little this summer with it being so hot. My first purchase was a cob from Golden Leaf here in Minneapolis. Also picked up a couple aromatic tobaccos. We are lucky and have a few nice B&M shops in the area.
I purchased 2 70's Ben Wade freehands from another forum. Great pipes. One is a little big for me, will ptobably sell it soon. The other has become my main pipe.
I purchased a Luna Churchwarden, the one in my avatar and unfortunately lost it last fall. Dumb. Just ordered another this week. Added an acrylic tip.
Lane Q1 and BCA mixed has been one of my favorite tobaccos so far. I have a tin of Penzance but so far it has not been my thing. Looking to try Stonehaven but haven't been able to find any yet.
Great forum here. Been lurking for a while.

Welcome to BoB it is great to have you here. It sounds as though you have a nice little collection of pipes started, and the Lunas look to be a nice alternative to MacQueen.
You and Rob_In_MO will get along famously with your affinity to BCAQ. Penzance isn't everyones thing so don't worry yourself on that front, I suffered my way through a tin just to give it a fair try, but also have a pound cellared at the house. Stonehaven is like Penzance in the scarcity department and the best advice is to find a retailer that has it and sign up for alerts if available. Someone normally posts up here to the boards when things get in stock also.
Again welcome and enjoy your time here.

Welcome, Winterland!

Please come back often and join in.

If you like aromatics, then practically anything in Boswell's line of Aromatics would be right up your alley - namely Christmas Cookie. Of course Berry Cobbler and Boswell's Best are both fantastic as well.

Oh yeah, if you like BCAQ, then try Lane's RLP-6 & BCA at a 2:1 ratio (2-parts RLP-6 & 1-part BCA). Fantastic! Even better than BCAQ, IMHO. After you mix it up, give it at least a couple of weeks (preferably a month) for the flavors to start to really come together. Of course it's good right off the bat, but it does seem to improve with a little aging.

Welcome to the forum! It's great to have you here

Shoot me a PM... I have some Stonehaven and I'd be happy to send you a sample :)

daveinlax I will try to make the great northern pipeclub meeting. Thanks for the invite.

Damnit. I knew winter was coming but my wall is only three feet high... Welcome, I look forward to your posts, and I like your taste in pipes!

Welcome! If you are interested in Boswell Berry Cobbler, shoot me a
PM with your addy and I'll get some in the mail to you!

Welcome!

Your State Fair is right around the corner. I wish I was there to get some fried cheese curds. They are the best in the world. You are a lucky man this month.

1263273078_a30987c34b.jpg

Greyson":ica3qzk7 said:
Damnit. I knew winter was coming but my wall is only three feet high... Welcome, I look forward to your posts, and I like your taste in pipes!
Lolz, as the kids say!

My wife it big on the MN State Fair, me not so much. Yes the food there is very good, but very bad for you of course. I look forward to our Minnesota Renaissance Festival. Perfect place to smoke a pipe. A mead in one hand and pipe in the other. Always others there smoking. See a lot of churchwardens. Even a few Hobbits. Ha!