Hello from Montreal!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to this so nice and friendly place !

Great to meet up Airborne. We are the same age and we enjoy the same smokes. I retired just yesterday so I'm just getting used to my leisure. I love Montreal. I have an upstate NY vacation home about a 4 hour drive from Montreal. You are a lucky guy on several counts. Old Montreal is a lovely place to spend an afternoon with your bride and your pipe. J'mapele Marty. Comment allez vous? And that's about as far as I go.

Welcome to BoB!
My wife, daughter and I are planning a trip to Montreal.
You'll have to give me a few tips. :lol:

Thanks, gents, for the welcome. There’s a lot to read - all of it very interesting. I like the idea of the different threads. It looks like a very pleasant, interesting and diverse group of pipe smokers. I look forward to coming back here often.

See you down the trail . . .

Cup-a-Joe's is in Queensbury. My home is in North Hebron, between Salem and Granville NY right on the Vermont border at West Pawlet. Queensbury is about a 30 minute drive. And yes, I have to make retirement plans. Perhaps Montreal will be on the radar and we'll make it business to hook up. Have not visited for several years. I also want to tour Ottawa. It is a beautiful and lively city. My Canadian visits were Niagara Falls/Niagara on the Lake around to Toronto, Kingston and Gananoque (hope I spelled it correctly) and then a second summer trip to St. Jovite (Mt. Tremblant) with an overnight in Laval and a day in Montreal.

Welcome! You are lucky to live in a great town with a great pipe maker and shop! Love coming to Montreal and visit Blatter. Great people and some tasty hand carved briar to buy as well!

My wife and I visited Montréal on our honeymoon back in 1983 and we loved it! We stayed at a tourist home (Andre's?) near McGill University and had great fun seeing the sights.

I definitely envy you and may end up there someday.

Steve