Hello from New England.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAL

Reaction score
Good morning, Gents. I've been lurking around your site for a few weeks and have found it most entertaining. (And, in nearly all topics, the posts are bristling with good humor and good nature.) So, enough with the lurking!

I've been smoking pipes for somewhere near 20 years and have a modest collection with the usual ups and downs in count -- stabilizing at around 30-ish pipes. As to maker, I've found Stanwell pipes to represent about the most consistent and reasonable price-to-pleasure ratio. Out of a dozen, or so, I've only had one marginal experience (with a burn-through) -- which I think is impressive for a mostly factory made pipe.

Besides my Stanwell, Peterson, & Savinelli work-horses, I have a few artisan types, a couple of meerschaums, two cobs, a clay churchwarden, and of course, a calabash 'cause you just gotta have one!

My latest interest is in starting a cellar. I've only put away the occasional tin, here and there, but have never put in the time to build a reserve which is anything more than random purchases. Discovering your fine on-line community has re-lit that fuse. The tid-bits about cellaring and the fine photos of folks stash cabinets has me inspired.

Thank you all for creating this great community.

-DAL

Welcome to the Brotherhood. Always good to have another fellow veteran pipe smoker in the group. I'm in East-Central Missouri, and relatively new here myself. It's a great site with a lot of good & very knowledgable people.

I appreciate the warm welcomes. I promise to post some pics as soon as I figure out the controls on my new camera.

However, first order of business is to order some tabacco... My supplies are alarmingly low. Must not allow that to continue!

Keep sipping that sweet smoke, my new friends.

--DAL

Welcome DAL. Nice to see another New Englander joining up with BoB.
Doc

Thanks, Doc. I see you are also a Peretti's fan. Do you have a particular favorite?

Hey Dal welcome to the forum, good to see a fellow aviator here... I retired around 40 but my last aircraft I was crewed on was a Gulfstream IV, started out flying as a passenger on CH46 & 53's back in 1976 in the USMC... I am looking forward to your posts here. Welcome again