Hello from Saint Louis!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, everyone! New member from St. Louis, MO.

First tried getting into pipes over a decade ago and never quite got the hang of it. Decided to give it another go this year and as the story goes, 1 pipe turned into 3 pipes, 3 pipes turned into 15, and so on; the collection continues to grow. Just started getting into restoring estate pipes which is a whole new rabbit hole to dive down, too!

I’m starting to narrow down my tastes in tobacco and have began cellaring the varieties I enjoy most. I lean heavily towards English tobaccos; what are some of your favorites?

I look forward to learning more from you all!

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you.

As of this afternoon I’d list my fav’s as:

1. Gawith & Hogarth #7 Broken Flake
2. John Patton Storm Front from 4 Noggins
3. Solani Silver Flake

Welcome aboard.

Love some Arango Balkan supreme as well as HH Latakia flake if you're that way inclined.

Start saving your money for the St Louis Gateway Pipe Show in February. It’s the longest running pipe show in a very unique, smoke friendly location.

Welcome from Arizona high country. Glad to have you with us. My fav English are Arango, CS Northwest Trek, and Esoterica Margate.

Welcome from New Hampshire! I'm an English/Balkan blend smoker. I've been sticking with G L Pease offerings right now, they're excellent blends without chemical humectants. If you like the Oriental component to be obvious Westminster and Odyssey are great. I'd you like your Orientals as a minor player, Abingdon, Charring Cross and Kensington are tasty and sweet. Both lists are by decreasing Latakia.

Welcome to BoB! While I smoke a fair variety, I always come back to St Bruno Flake

Welcome! I grew up in St. Louis. It is good to hear from another Missourian.

I'm still finding my way through tobaccos. My most recent favorite is C&D's Professor. The flavor is good, and it smokes well.

Hello, everyone! New member from St. Louis, MO.

First tried getting into pipes over a decade ago and never quite got the hang of it. Decided to give it another go this year and as the story goes, 1 pipe turned into 3 pipes, 3 pipes turned into 15, and so on; the collection continues to grow. Just started getting into restoring estate pipes which is a whole new rabbit hole to dive down, too!

I’m starting to narrow down my tastes in tobacco and have began cellaring the varieties I enjoy most. I lean heavily towards English tobaccos; what are some of your favorites?

I look forward to learning more from you all!
No English blends for me. I've tried even some mild Latakia blends, and do not enjoy them all that much. I wish I did. Welcome to the forum my new friend..