Hello from South Lancashire

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Berwick

Reaction score
Since I'm fairly new to the art of pipe smoking (just under a year) I thought I'd join a forum of like minded individuals with a bit more experience in the field where I can find advice when I need it and also somewhere to while away an hour or two in friendly conversation. I started dipping a toe in the waters, as it were, to reduce my cigarette intake, and I found I enjoy it much more (than cigarettes). I commute by train into work and a pipe is pleasantly comforting on cold, dark mornings while waiting to be carted off to the city. Also it provides me with a pleasing distraction during my rare moments of me time (I have three children with a fourth on the way so relaxing time alone can be a scarce commodity in our house!) I look forward to broadening my appreciation of pipe smoking here and would like to thank you all for allowing a (albeit eager) novice to join your online community.

Nick Berwick

Welcome Nick. I'm sure you will enjoy the many relaxing times on the forum while enjoying a bowl of fine tobacco.

A very big thank you to all for the warm welcome. I'm still puzzling out how to use the message board and whatnot, being something of a luddite, so until I figure out how to thank you individually I hope you won't take it amiss if I send this out 'en masse'. Again many thanks and I look forward to my time on here in your company.

Nick Berwick

Nick Berwick":al42anvm said:
A very big thank you to all for the warm welcome. I'm still puzzling out how to use the message board and whatnot, being something of a luddite, so until I figure out how to thank you individually I hope you won't take it amiss if I send this out 'en masse'. Again many thanks and I look forward to my time on here in your company.

Nick Berwick

I think if you hit Quote in the upper right corner to respond to an individual comment, it may be what you are asking.

Later, John

Boulder":yt7ozpq2 said:
Nick Berwick":yt7ozpq2 said:

Nick Berwick

I think if you hit Quote in the upper right corner to respond to an individual comment, it may be what you are asking.

Later, John
Yup. That would seem to do the trick. Thanks John.

Thank you Natch. Still quite new to it so it feels like I'm learning by error at the moment, but getting there slowly.

Nick Berwick":8ozuapb6 said:
A very big thank you to all for the warm welcome. I'm still puzzling out how to use the message board and whatnot, being something of a luddite,
Luddites are my favorite people, and I'm a bit of one one myself!
I like this forum because it's fairly easy to use.

Welcome Nick! Before you know it you'll be puffing away without thinking about it (unless of course, you choose to ponder it). This is a great group of folks!
Cheers!

Cheers Dottleman. I might well ponder it since one of the benefits of this new hobby is, that when I make the time for a smoke and get a good burn going, I also have a spot of quality pondering time, and I do love to ponder.

Nick.

Good to see someone on here from the potteries! I was raised just outside Macclesfield but a couple of mates and I would hang around Leek where our girlfriends lived. We had good times on many a Friday night in Stoke. Cheers for the welcome.