Hello from Southern Arizona

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koobers

Reaction score
Hello all, I am a 29 year old new pipe smoker from Southern AZ. I have about 5 inexpensive pipes so far and am looking to add to my collection. I'd really like to find a Marxman Spiggot but can't seem to find any info on them so if anyone would like to fill me in with any info on them or where I might find one I'd greatly appreciate it.

My dad smoked a pipe when I was a kid but hasn't for some time now but I always remember sitting outside with him when he smoked. My favorite thing was getting to go to the tobacconists with him. As a newb I am starting out with the dessert blends but would like to eventually work my way up to something more sophisticated and maybe try my hand at aging my own blend.

I'd love to make a pipe sometime, I carved one out of a piece of Mesquite from my back yard with a Buck knife and was really surprised with how it turned out. It could have been perfect but I decided to drill the receiver for the stem freehand and was a tad bit off so I ended up with a hairline crack.

Anyway, that's me and I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Welcome! I hope to enjoy reading about your journey into 'pipedom'

"T"

Welcome to the madness...pull up a chair and a pipe and jump on in...look forward to chatting with ya.

Hello from Florida..welcome to BoB and pipes! It's a great hobby and there is a ton of great info on here...

mike_68":rdhglx9m said:
Hello from Florida..welcome to BoB and pipes! It's a great hobby and there is a ton of great info on here...
Hi Mike, I actually grew up in Florida, Plant City to be exact.

MisterE":vhm8t2q6 said:
Hey man welcome!!

I´m originally from Tucson so I know southern AZ quite well. :cheers:
I'm just North of Tucson where 10 & 8 meet in CG, the closest I've been to Mexico City is Monterrey it was really nice.

Welcome to the community! I share your love of the (almost extinct) tobacconist shops. I remember as a lad always sneaking away from my mother in the May Company department store...she'd always find me at the tobacco department! I have loved the smell of tobacco for as long as I can remember. Cheers!

Welcome from central Florida BOB is a great place with great people. I spent a little time at Ft Huachuca in 1970. MIKE

Koobers":vbmwad5t said:
MisterE":vbmwad5t said:
Hey man welcome!!

I´m originally from Tucson so I know southern AZ quite well. :cheers:
I'm just North of Tucson where 10 & 8 meet in CG, the closest I've been to Mexico City is Monterrey it was really nice.
Yeah, around Casa Grande, right? I know the stretch well from my jaunts out to San Diego a few years ago.

Natch":k7q9f9ja said:
Welcome. Where in s-az do you reside? I lived up by the South Rim long ago and used to pack down in Organ Pipe National Monument a bit.

Natch
The Big House, otherwise known as Casa Grande. It's appropriate since I'm a huge Michigan fan, which means I could never live in Buckeye.