Hello from St. Louis

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cboath

Reaction score
Hi. I'm a new smoker. Been at it for about 2 months now and loving every minute of it. I started with the generic Walgreens pipe/tobacco (French Vanilla). I have recently gotten one new pipe and a new blend from a great local store. It is a little overwhelming, there is so much info I don't even know what I don't know yet. I think I want to get into collecting pipes but am not really sure where to even begin with that.

Anyway.. Hi all!!!

Welcome!

Perhaps the first step into pipe smoking and collecting is to peruse the different threads on this site, especially the ones directly related to pipes, tobacco and the techniques of smoking a pipe. This will provide an excellent overview. Then ask specific questions. There are a multitude of experts here on the subject and they’re a friendly lot! No question is unimportant. My initial response to someone just starting out is to buy quality tobacco and a good quality briar as much as your wallet allows you. Pipe cleaners and a tamper is a must. There’s some excellent advice here also on how to smoke a pipe and enjoy it.

Is there a good pipe and tobacco shop in St. Louis? Maybe that’s the place to start. There are excellent online shops that give very good service as well. I use them myself.

Good luck!

Welcome! I love that line - "I don't even know what I don't know yet" - Classic. I may borrow that sometime. You're gonna find a great group of folks on this forum that have written, and indeed, continue to write great posts covering almost all areas of pipe smoking. Glad to have you!