Hello from the Deep!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxfire

Reaction score
The Deepest South, that is. I'm a longtime lurker who finally decided to join up. I'm from Alabama also (like several other members here). Mobile, in fact, the birthplace of Mardi Gras, aka "the Mother of the Mystics".

I have been smoking a pipe for a few years now, but have only just now begun to "take it seriously" so to speak. I have only now begun to collect pipes and seek out tobaccos that I can't find here locally. I currently only have 3 pipes and a corn cob. A Big Ben Maestro (Derby shape, blasted finish) that I got off of eBay, which is currently my favorite pipe. I also have a Peterson 309 Rustic p-Lip that I like a lot, a basket pipe that I use at work, and a Missouri Meerschaum that I use for trying out new tobaccos or for smoking something cheap like Captain Black.

Looking forward to continuing my pipe/tobacco education here with all of you gentlemen and, hopefully, contributing to this community of brothers (and sisters) of briar.

You're just a few hours from this part of the deep south - Jackson, Mississippi.

Glad to have you here.

Welcome! If you're really gonna get into it you should make the drive up to Birmingham (Homewood, to be exact) and check out The Briary. It's one of the most esteemed pipe shops in the land. It's a shame I'm not still in Birmingham to check it out.

Once again, thanks for the welcomes, everyone! I really appreciate such a friendly forum!

dbreazeale":rmqzet16 said:
Hello and Welcome! I'm originally from the top side of the state @ Muscle Shoals.
Cool! I'm very familiar with that area. My wife is from Moulton/Florence. Lot of good music history in the Shoals area.

Welcome to the group. Come back often!

You've selected a fine looking avatar. Got to love the bunnies.

Buddy

Wow, I haven't read or even thought about Watership down in years...Fanstastic book..Welcome to the site!

Welcome to the group, you'll love it. I'm also from 'Bama, around the Anniston area.