Hello from the Midwest

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD_piping

Reaction score
Hello all, thank you for the warm welcome. Earlier this evening I was watching a video by Malcolm Guite, and he referenced B of B. I took a look and decided to join. Very happy to be here.

I am in my late 50s, husband of one, father of four, & history teacher of the great American story.

New to pipe smoking, about two years now and loving every part of it. After some trial and error burning my tong… I’ve learned to slow down and enjoy. I have a collection of 15 pipes and have sampled a variety of the common tobaccos (aromatics, Virginias, and English). If I had to choose, I think I would go with the English. I like the smokey aroma and slight spice in the perique (I think I have that right). I’m learning and enjoying the process and would appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks again for the friendly welcome and I look forward to the conversations.

Blessings,

Jim

The "midwest" covers a lot of ground. What part? I'm a "hoosier". Welcome aboard. You'll like it here.

Welcome aboard! I'm in New Hampshire near it's tiny bit of coast line. I too enjoy Latakia blends and particularly those from G. L. Pease.

Welcome, worked in MSP for 2 years with Republic Airlines. Was a nice city back in 1980 , not so sure about today from what I hear on the news.

Welcome from southwestern WI’s Coulee Region. Get in touch with The Great Northern Pipe Club or The Pig’s Eye Pipe Club. Skol Vikings! Lets Win the Game!

Welcome from southwestern WI’s Coulee Region. Get in touch with The Great Northern Pipe Club or The Pig’s Eye Pipe Club. Skol Vikings! Lets Win the Game!
I saw the GNPC on line, Its the other side of town but I may check it out one of these days.