Hello there, another n00b here

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beetlejazz

Reaction score
Hello there,

I'm rather new to the art of smoking pipes, but enjoying every puff more than the next. I've been sucking in information from the internet, and after browsing this site for a while figured that I might just as well join. I hope being a "sister" instead of a brother isn't a problem. :) And I can assure that under a thin layer of superficial femininity, I am a hairy-toed pirate inside, although sadly short of a parrot (so far). Of course, taste for strong alcohol and many things that float on waves follows.

So far I have two pipes (both ebay finds, a plump little Lorenzo, and a Soren Refbjerg I am rather passionately in love with) but am of course eager to get my hands on a few more. I enjoy smoking especially by camp-fire, but the slow, contemplative bowlful on my balcony just before sleep is fantastic too. I am an ex-cigarrette-smoker, and wouldn't go back if it was the only smoke-emitting thing allowed. Oh, and I am from Finland. Hoping to learn a lot here and feed my newfound obsession!

Welcome! Good to have another of the fairer gender join our ranks!

Welcome to BoB, enjoy your time here. In another thread it was discovered that Sister of Briar (SoB) is not a good acronym so don't be offended if you are just part of BoB lol. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you for all the welcomes! Lotsa kind people here I see. :) And LOL at the acronym. I will try my best at being all fraternal.

And that's interesting, Winterland. I think some of my relatives moved to the US back on 1920's or so, out of fear of the USSR and some other things.

Welcome Beetlejazz,
It is always a pleasure to have the ladies views on pipes and tobaccos,there are more of you out there than you would think. Looking forward to your posts.

Welcome to the forum! It's great to have you here! Seems like quite a few "sisters" of the briar are showing up :)

Best Brown flake is a favorite of mine as well

Welcome, beetlejazz, we've had some great ladies on the board, and we don't discriminate, (occasionally rude, abrasive and childish, but never discriminate! :lol: ). And I'll wager a substantial number of our brothers & sisters were ex-cigarette smokers as well. Puffing on a pipe is, I believe, one of the most relaxing and contemplative exercises we can partake of, and if it helps get us off cigarettes (or even cut down on them) all the better from my perspective.

Please join the threads and share what you can. Oh, and you come from a beautiful part of the world. The northern lake districts are just about the best cross country skying territory there is.

Natch