Help with allergies

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bub

Reaction score
Now that allergy season is here have you found any remedies that help?
I have been using a neti pot and find it very helpful.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/j8sDIbRAXlg" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I use it in the morning and have started using it in the evening.
You may find it------(insert your own word), but give it a try.

+1 for the neti pot.

I developed some of the most extreme pollen allergies out there when I moved from PA to OK. Last spring I literally was bleeding from the eyes from the sinusitis (which has as one of its more extreme side effects blocked blood vessels in the sinus + high BP = horror movie eyes and delayed finals, lmfao); the neti pot was just about the only thing that got it cleared up.

I use the thing every day most of the year and twice a day during seasonal changes. I've been fine this year, knock wood, and point almost exclusively to the neti pot.

Yeah, it's really really really weird feeling the first few times, but that goes away as you get used to it. Just make sure you use slightly salty and warm water; oddly enough straight water makes your nose feel like its burning. I imagine it's the same reason we don't just start straight water lines into people and instead use saline. Essentially your soft tissues/blood need a slightly saline solution to maintain the osmosis process. Since your sinuses are pretty spectacular soft tissue, straight water floods the cells that make up your membrane walls and causes a hypotonic state. Thus the burn. In contrast, the saline is hypertonic and much closer to the body's natural state.

-=BOOM=- Knowledge bomb.

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Walzyr.png

I can't believe he couldn't handle the whiskey. I hear just one pot full can cure all air born allergies for life. If only he could have done it?
Milan