Herbal Tea

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
I often drink two 14 oz. travel cups of coffee per day.
My new Allina Health M.D., the woman who insisted on performing a biopsy on a skin patch that showed skin cancer and immediately arranged for my surgery, is an Army veteran, marathon runner, and yoga practitioner. During my physical exam, she asked me about how I keep myself hydrated. I mentioned the coffee consumption. She said drinking that much coffee actually is very dehydrating and that I reduce my coffee intake to two 5 oz cups per day. She, of course, suggested plain water and, if I so desired, herbal tea.
I have a long history of dislike and avoidance of herbal tea, but I'm trying. For the prior few days, I've reduced my coffee intake and have been making herbal tea in a small French press. I hope I can get used to it. Now, I think of the herbal teas I've consumed, all are unspectacular.

I like chamomile tea. I'm always surprised how much people don't like water. Of course, some water isn't good. dry or gritty or whatever. I get that. I grew up around limestone aquifers, and that water tastes great and refreshing. I remember my mother being told to drink more water. She understood that as more coffee, more sweet tea, orange juice, water with lemon squeezed into it, and about 20 other liquids, none of which was just plain ol' water. She's impulsive and thinks of food as things she loves or doesn't want to eat at all. It's one or the other. There's no middle ground. I think that's a generational thing, though. Food is for pleasure, not for fuel or health. I've always wished her doctors luck. Stubborn.

Last edited:
We’re fortunate to have good water, so I drink a lot of it. I sympathize with anyone who lives in an area where the water is awful. When I lived in central Illinois, I could only drink it filtered and ice cold… to kill the taste.

I drink a fair amount of herbal tea. I prefer chamomile in the evening and mint in the morning or late afternoon.

I have a long history of dislike and avoidance of herbal tea, but I'm trying. For the prior few days, I've reduced my coffee intake and have been making herbal tea in a small French press. I hope I can get used to it. Now, I think of the herbal teas I've consumed, all are unspectacular.

If you don't like herbal tea you just haven't found the right ones yet. Some are wonderful and some aren't. Find a store with a good selection from Celestial Seasonings and check some out. Walmart used to have a good variety but who knows these days.