Hey JimInks

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Jim

Just got my summer edition of P&T magazine. And I saw that in the review section (which I always look at first), Joe Harb has retired from this position.

Is this a seat you can step into, since you have consistently provided thorough and unbiased reviews on BoB? And those which I can confidently gain objectivity.

You seem like the natural choice here Jim. And given the nature of the lapse between publication of the magazine and this announcement I sure hope that you'll be a shoe-in!

Cheers,

RR

I like it!

I+forgot+about+him+me+too+_ce0129f0e7ec6d0a91132a5ea14dfbd9.gif

Well he's the only one who reviewed GW cut plug on TR and he said he wished they'd bring it back...so I thought id give him a heads up that there is a full tin on ebay. Off topic sorry

Bugsahearn":zrtoktp9 said:
Well he's the only one who reviewed GW cut plug on TR and he said he wished they'd bring it back...so I thought id give him a heads up that there is a full tin on ebay. Off topic sorry
Thanks, but I sure wouldn't trust the seller. Read the description and ask yourself if tobacco is in there or not: "Full of tobacco Some very minor scratches, chips discoloration,and minor dents. No rust. Contains tobacco that is old. Do not use. Must be 18 years or older to purchase. Approx. 5 1/8" diameter x 5 3/8" H. Check out our other amazing tins. More added daily. Happy to combine shipping!! Check out our other amazing tins. More added daily. Happy to combine shipping!!
Does not contain tobacco."

I did send an e-mail to the editor of P&T. Haven't heard back though.

I heard back from Chuck Stanion. We'll work some stuff out.

Brewdude":rnaxn7ew said:
JimInks":rnaxn7ew said:
So this means you got the gig Jim? I sure hope so, as I couldn't envision a more qualified candidate!

:cheers:

Cheers,

RR
Actually, no. They are going in a different direction for reviews, unlike the way they had been doing them. We are talking about me writing articles for them.

JimInks":eck08jy1 said:
Brewdude":eck08jy1 said:
JimInks":eck08jy1 said:
So this means you got the gig Jim? I sure hope so, as I couldn't envision a more qualified candidate!

Cheers,

RR
Actually, no. They are going in a different direction for reviews, unlike the way they had been doing them. We are talking about me writing articles for them.
Cool! Look forward reading your articles! 8)

JimInks":z2qw6rx7 said:
Brewdude":z2qw6rx7 said:
JimInks":z2qw6rx7 said:

Cheers,

RR
Well then, that's a win-win no matter what!

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":fsbw271l said:
JimInks":fsbw271l said:
Brewdude":fsbw271l said:
JimInks":fsbw271l said:

Cheers,

RR
Well then, that's a win-win no matter what!

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR
I agree. I've been in contact with Chuck for a while now, and he's a very dedicated man when it comes to pipe smoking. He's smart and has a good sense of humor, too.