Hi from Ireland

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome aboard! As others have said, you'll never run out of options when it comes to trying new blends, and from one n00b to another, I'd suggest that you post your thoughts on whatever blends you're smoking around here, as it often helps to read what other brothers are making of this or that blend before picking up a tin. Cheers!

Thanks for the welcome Grampa.

I'm presently pretty much hooked on several Peterson aromatics, the 2012 Special Edition and Connioseur's Choice (both are fairly sweet). I haven't really formed a tobacco palette yet - and much like when first starting to try wines I'm finding some blends that are much nicer than others but struggling to define the difference.

The last few days I've only really been smoking the Special Edition - but hey, I'm enjoying it!

Thanks again

Fraternally

Jers

Jers,

Give Storm Front a try. I'm an aromatic tobacco smoker as well. I was very please with how well it smoked. I you decide to give it a try let me know what you think.

Also, I see your a Peterson Pipe fan. I have several myself. One of my favorites is the Standard System 307. I highly recommend it.

Banjo,

Thanks for the tips - very timely as I'm heading to my tobaccionists this morning. If they have it, the Storm Front is coming home with me. If not, it's going to have to be an internet order. I will let you know how I get on with it. I also appreciate the tip for the Peterson 307 - that can sit firmly on my wish list until the next day I'm back in Dublin.

Much appreciated brother

Jers

Thanks for the welcome Boulder.

Much appreciated.

Jers

Welcome to the board and retirement. Sounds like your off to a great start.

Thanks for the welcome Winterland.

Pipe smoking and BOB have been fantastic, unfortunately retirement less so - I don't think I'm really suited to it (just yet!) which is strange as I distinctly remember thinking during the past 30 years how great it would be to retire.......
:lol!:

Thanks again

Fraternally

Jers

Sometimes the journey is more fun than the destination......but I'm planning to work at my new life of leisure and see if i can't make the most out of it. :D

Fraternally

Jers