''holger danske'' does any dody know about this(these)brand?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr pipe

Reaction score
I saw and bought some pouches that name is holger danske(cherry and vanilla) by planta tobacco manifacture under license of preben hansen, I want to know dose any body smoke and know this brand(blend)? how do you means about this blend if you smoked it?

I bought a pound of an aromatic called Black Velvet about three or four years ago made my Holder Danske. It as a typical Cavendish, heavily cased aromatic, not particularly good or bad, but it was incredibly cheap. I think I paid $18 for the whole pound? Planta Tobacco seems to make a number of lower end (in both cost and quality) aromatics, but I've not smoked any other than the Black Velvet. But that's what I've read from other tobacco blogs. And I believe everything I read in line, after all, it's in "print" so it must be true. :lol:

Natch

Black Velvet is Torben Danske blended by Dan Tobacco. A different animal. Holger Danske is blended by Planta. They make Black and Bourbon. Perhaps that is what you bought, Natch?

I've never tried any Holger Dansk blend, but that link above should give you and idea of what some people thought of it.

I have tried Torben Dansk and it was different than any aromatic I've tried. But that is getting off the topic, so I'll refrain.

A local b&m found some nos tins in their warehouse and sold them all for 4 dollars with no guarantee on the seals. Many tins had clearly failed. You could shake them and just tell. They had these

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/1573/holger-danske-royal-navy-flake

tins also and they inspired some confidence. I bought three for a whopping twelve dollar total. I think they're quite aged too. I popped one just the other day and must say I thought it was really good. I suspect it's something that wouldn't excite me if it was fresh but aged like this it was nice. I jarred up the remainder and am considering jarring the other two tins.