Hooked on handguns

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briarbabe

Reaction score
Now, believe it or not, I grew up shooting shotguns and rifles. My dad was a master instructor for the NYS Hunter's Safety program for...well, forever. I spent more than my fare share of Saturdays sitting through the course, again and again. I could take the test to get my hunting permit (which I got on the first try) while I was asleep. While I was never keen on the actual hunting, man did I love to shoot. Used to be pretty damn good at it too.

Well, last week I spent the weekend with a hot libertarian who's got 6 acres, an incredibly sexy brain, a beautifully restored Honda CB550 and a few hand guns. After dinner Friday night he took me out for ice cream at a local creamery, we sat on a park bench eating our ice cream while he explained the adiabatic process. Hot! At one point my arm ended up around his waist and I could feel his handgun under his jacket. As I said later to my best friend, "the sensation of feeling that gun and knowing it was there just made my little liberal democratic heart beat wildly with excitement."

I had mentioned to him earlier in the week my desire to get my hot little hands on his piece, as I had never fired a hand gun, only shotguns and rifles. So the next morning after he made me pancakes; and a stroll around the property with his two pups and my pipe, we went out to shoot. I got to shoot two different 9mm's and a 45. Yeah...I'm so hooked. There is nothing quite like that percussive, POP, POP, POP in your hand. I was getting frustrated at what a lousy shot I was and by the time I finally started relaxing and getting better it was time to go grab lunch. Damn. Next time!

(Damn girl, time to renew that gym membership and tone those arms!)
photo_10.jpg

Briarbabe":bkjd13lx said:
"I had mentioned to him earlier in the week my desire to get my hot little hands on his piece"
I bet you say that to all the boys!!!:p 

Consider yourself lucky. Living in PA offers many more opportunities to get "gun crazy". It's also a state that is very Class III friendly! (If you don't know what that is, you'll find out soon enough!!!:twisted: )

PS: After shooting guns in the country and exercising your 2A rights, "Libertarian" might suit you better......... :suspect:

DoverPipes":zxf8skuy said:
Briarbabe":zxf8skuy said:
"I had mentioned to him earlier in the week my desire to get my hot little hands on his piece"
I bet you say that to all the boys!!!:p 
My lips are sealed. ;)

DoverPipes":zxf8skuy said:
PS: After shooting guns in the country and exercising your 2A rights, "Libertarian" might suit you better......... :suspect:
I have several in my life and they do seem to be rubbing off on me in some areas.

Congrats BB on your new found man & passion for hand guns. I'm envious of you americans and your "Right To Bear Arms".
 I wish i could of been packing last night. Found a new fishin hole that was so good I didn't leave till dark then when i was taking a shortcut thru the bush on my way back to the truck I ran into a hunters bear bait barrel. After seeing all the bear tracks in the mud by the creek I felt a little under gunned for the occasion armed with just my fly rod & leatherman.

Keep that little democratic heart beat under control before you pull the trigger. I pitty the fool that messes with you girl.:lol:

Hawker":4eoeb94f said:
Congrats BB on your new found man & passion for hand guns. I'm envious of you americans and your "Right To Bear Arms".
 I wish i could of been packing last night. Found a new fishin hole that was so good I didn't leave till dark then when i was taking a shortcut thru the bush on my way back to the truck I ran into a hunters bear bait barrel. After seeing all the bear tracks in the mud by the creek I felt a little under gunned for the occasion armed with just my fly rod & leatherman.

Keep that little democratic heart beat under control before you pull the trigger. I pitty the fool that messes with you girl.:lol:
Well thank you, we have a hell of a lot of fun together, but we are not an item. ;)

From what I hear from a family member, depending on the bear and the hand gun you might end up merely pissing off the bear.

And I agree, hell hath no fury and all. I wear a dog tag every single day tucked down under my top with my own patron St. of Kick-@ss on one side, Rosie the Riveter, and the words, "Never underestimate the power of a woman" on the other side. I try to use my powers mostly for good. Mostly. ;)

congrats on your new found hobby!!

There is always something sexy about a woman being able to handle a pistol. Remember shot placement is more important than caliber (I hope that doesn't start a war)

Practice, Practice, Practice!

Practice and breathing will get you shooting better, took a little of each for me to shoot my new baby when I first got all the parts and put her together but oh those groups were meant to shoot deer, a nice shooter in 7mm-08!

7256143096_f7ffc09655_c.jpg

+ 1 for improving breathing technique. It makes a huge amount of difference.

However it is also important to get good at point of aim shooting. In a crisis situation there is no time or thought that goes to controlling your breathing.

+10 Once breathing control becomes automatic the next thing to become automatic is stance and control, i.e. control of knowing your stance, hold and center of mass, simple guideline for me was no matter how tall or short the other person may be my hold/control didn't change. I happen to be an instinct shooter and can hit the target with an arrow better w/o sights and finding the spot for me with handgun, shotgun or rifle is automatic when it comes up I AM on target.

Ocelot55":7yq9w0ax said:
+ 1 for improving breathing technique. It makes a huge amount of difference.

However it is also important to get good at point of aim shooting. In a crisis situation there is no time or thought that goes to controlling your breathing.

I really don't see myself ever carrying. Ha, I say that now...
I did enjoy shooting and would like to hit the local range here, alas, I have a taste for expensive hobbies, but not the budget it would seem. I think this will mostly be a hobby for when I sneak away to my hot geeky friends house to hide for a weekend. However, if my finances change, I would definitely become more involved.

I do remember breathing technique from when I was shooting as a kid. I did notice that when I stopped worrying so much about aiming and concentrated more on breathing, things seemed to line up better.

These are my autos. 45, 9, and my little 380 that goes every where with me.

Dont worry about bears . Its those pesky squirrels you got to look out for.

I have a few handguns....

Taurus .44 mag
Desert Eagle .44 mag
Smith and Wesson XD tactical .45 acp
Ruger LCP .380
Kel Tec 9mm
Smith and Wesson model 13-3 .357 mag
Uberti Cattleman .45 LC
Russian made Makarov in 9x18 Makarov
Taurus PT 92 in 9mm

I keep the S&W .45 in my truck, and the Ruger LCP in my pocket. I forgot to add my other carry gun, a Taurus .357 mag snubby revolver. My next purchase will be a .50 AE barrel and magazine for the Desert Eagle, so I have the ability to swap calibers.

Fatman":gd8y6lrg said:
I have a few handguns....

Taurus .44 mag
Desert Eagle .44 mag
Smith and Wesson XD tactical .45 acp
Ruger LCP .380
Kel Tec 9mm
Smith and Wesson model 13-3 .357 mag
Uberti Cattleman .45 LC
Russian made Makarov in 9x18 Makarov
Taurus PT 92 in 9mm

I keep the S&W .45 in my truck, and the Ruger LCP in my pocket. I forgot to add my other carry gun, a Taurus .357 mag snubby revolver. My next purchase will be a .50 AE barrel and magazine for the Desert Eagle, so I have the ability to swap calibers.
Hey baby...how you doin'?

Hey fat man. I got one of those little taurus 357s. My wife took it from me. It replaced her judge. She likes the weight difference.

Figures Fatman would have a Desert Eagle! I've always wanted to fire one. Not sure if I would want one but they are just freakin' cool.

I've got a Sig P229, a Springfield 1911, and a Heritage single action .22 revolver in my collection.

My little liberal heart likes guns too, so you're not all by yourself, BriarBabe. I actually feel that gun ownership is a liberal issue and the two major parties have got it somewhat twisted, but this isn't a political thread, so I'll just move on...

I have a Springfield Armory XD 9mm Sub Compact (which I carry everyday, everywhere that's allowed), and a Springfield Armory Stainless Mil-Spec 1911 (.45ACP of course, we are in 'merica after all).

I also have a Henry Golden Boy .22 Rifle (Father's Day Limited Edition for Ohio 2013, 1 of 1)

So what do you guys who actually carry blue steel use to keep it from rusting? What's your daily procedure, not just the product? I rarely carry, but you never know. I have a preference for the Colt Combat Commander, FWIW. Got big hands.

I beat the rust issue by carrying a S&W 360SC.  Scandium frame and titanium cylinder.