Hooked on handguns

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fatman and the other 380 carriers.   What ammo do you load up in those?

Speer Gold Dot 95 gr JHP
Remmington Golden Saber 95gr JHP
Federal Hydra Shock 95gr JHP

Are all good

Additionally one mag filled with 95gr FMJ (usually Fiocchi)

The primary concerns of 380 auto is the lack of penetration. By having a mag of JHP and FMJ you cover both grounds in terms of expansion and penetration.

That being said shot placement is always the key.

Federal Hydra Shock 95gr JHP is what I have in the magazine, I have to echo shot placement! In the winter I carry my snubby .357, penetration is less of an issue and it carries well in a jacket pocket :face:

That CorBon SD is what I have loaded in my Ruger LCP. (2nd Gen, unofficial). Feeds reliable and is pretty hot.

My other weapons are mostly range toys now.

I generally use ball. Its never failed to work. I don't have to worry about penatration. And I have some pretty hot loads I've had loaded for me. Hey Fatman I had a 357 snubby till.my wife took it from me. Now she carries it.

Winchester Ranger T
.45 ACP 230gr. +P
9mm 124gr. +P
image004.jpg

I had a S&W 686 with 2.5 bbl I carried for over a decade. Had black silverwood grips. Sweet looking but what a handful. I always joked that even if I missed they'd die. The concussion would stun them while the fireball burned them up.

I did for many a year. Why? Simple. The first rule of a gunfight is: Have a gun.

I carry and my wife does. Why? Because it better to have a thing and not need it than to need it and not have it. It happens everyday that people are robbed, car jacked, or burgled while they sit there watching it happen in terror.
A good friend of mine was driving his truck one day , and when he stopped at a red light two guys came running at his truck. Obvious car jacking happening. When he pulled his gun they ran off. I'm sure they just jacked some one else. But they never even came one step closer once they saw he was armed and ready to rock and roll.

The average death toll of a public or mass shooting when stopped by the police is near 14, but when stopped by a civilian is closer to 2.
Now this is not an attack on police. They cant be everywhere all the time and nor would you want that. They have to arrive on the scene and assess the situatuon. When a civilian does it, its because they are there when it is in progress and spring into action.
Point being it may be me or you or any one of these God fearing, gun toting, constitution lovers who have to save peoples lives in another attempt at terror. Yes all mass shooting are acts of terror. Thats why they do it. Too cause general fear and harm to a much larger group than the ones attacked.

MisterE":qf2jw7dy said:
Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys actually carry handguns with you in your everyday life and why?
Ain't tellin'. Obviously they are carried for the same reasons one buys any other form of insurance.

Interesting story: I know a guy who was heeled and was in a bank when an armed robbery took place. Assessing the situation, he did nothing, and everything turned out OK. No one ever knew he was heavy. Didn't want the legal hassle. Such is life in cover-your-ass America.

Sounds to me like he made the proper assessment. If you and others can walk away unharmed then starting a gun fight is not the solution.

I always carry a gun when I'm in the bush.  It'd be stupid not to.  

Preparation is only as good as awareness of any given situation.  I can't always carry a gun, but I can always have awareness.   One is no better than the other, especially if it comes right down to it.   Speaking for myself, my wilderness senses keep me pretty safe in the urban jungles, too.   A long time ago, before I was of legal age to own a handgun, a friend and I were in a seedy part of SF.  Crackhead pulled a gun on us for money.  We were street kids, we had none--we were just easy.   I talked the guy down, and everything was fine, and my friend then got behind the guy and clocked him with part of a broken wood pallet.   Out cold.  Friend then took the gun and stuffed it in a mailbox.   We ran.

Survival isn't about a gun or no gun, it's about survival when you need to.  By any means necessary.   For me, avoiding/sensing the problem before it starts is key.  In the very rare times you can't do that, be prepared.  

8)

Survival isn't about a gun or no gun, it's about survival when you need to.  By any means necessary.   For me, avoiding/sensing the problem before it starts is key.  In the very rare times you can't do that, be prepared.  
Yep why I have never pointed at a single human ever. Never had too, thank God.

i carry everyday as to why i have been robbed twice after the second time i got my ccw the third time i was attempted to be robbed the ight of me unholstering the smoke wagon was enough to deter them.

Wayne_Teipen":cozmjl2y said:
"Always carry.  Never tell."
Kind of hard in "open-carry" land. :lol: With 50 pounds of rock on my back, a Judge ain't gonna be to comfy in a waistband or under the arm. :tongue:

8)

I always carry. There are alot of stupid folks out there. I too many folks that depend on me to die at the hands of a crack head. And of course the zombie appocolyps could happen at any time.:shock: