How Many Bowls of Tobacco do you Smoke Everyday?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Into my 49th year of pipe smoking and still look forward too my next blend to enjoy. Depending whether I get sleep on any particular night my pipe enjoyment can be from 11 too/as much as 17 bowls a day. In the past I've done 19 a few times but it's a bit much. Need the old taste buds too rest :twisted:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Workdays get one bowl at night (or a cigar)
Weekends may get three bowls (or cigars) per day

Most days 7-9 bowls a day however when I'm bothered with insomnia the numbers climb. One day within the last couple weeks I got up around 5:30 in the morning and didn't go back to bed until 9:00 AM the following day. During that period I smoked 18 bowls of tobacco. It took me three days to clean and polish all the pipes I used. :roll:

AJ

I have no average number, all depends on the WX/temps. Lately two or three in the late afternoon/evening. Nice temps, maybe more. Hotter than hell or colder than a well diggers azz, none! Lots of you guys pump out more in a day than I do in a week!! Another reason my TAD days are over!! I'll probably never smoke all the 'baccy/cigars I have accumulated!! But I'm tryin.' :cheers: FTRPLT

I do from 4 to 6 or seven a day.depending on mood and what I'm doing, 99% lat blends.

Slowroll ":i64khv7e said:
I do from 4 to 6 or seven a day.depending on mood and what I'm doing, 99% lat blends.
Sure, Lat blends are good but expand your horizon and also try a few Burley blends. Like John Patton's Storm Front, Solani ABF, also an old codger... Carter Hall...especially aged a few years in a Mason jar. HH Old Dark Fired is basically a pressed Burley with a nice touch of Virginia's.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Few bowls a week. Used to smoke at least 1 bowl a day, 2-3 bowls on weekends, but then my children got a little older and I have no time to sit around and enjoy a pipe.

In the meantime, at least my tobacco is getting a bit of age on it. ;)

Brewdude ":8p2zv63m said:
2 bowls/day M-F. Weekends it may be 3/day. More than that my palate is compromised.
Just wait until you retire, your tobacco consumption will double. Try using the gravity drop and slight tamp with your finger since you have a sensitive palate, might help. Much cooler smoke. That's one reason I can smoke as much as I do with no tongue or palate issues. The firmer you pack your pipe the more restricted it is and your baccy will get much hotter as well as the briar. If I smoke a blend that's to moist I will get what I call " a snake bite "! Can burn like HELL

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Can't say how many bowls I smoke since I'm too lazy to count. Some pipes I smoke have bowls big enough for two pipes, so in my case, gram weight might be a better gauge. I know a guy who only smokes cobs, and he smokes about 12-14 a day, but if he was smoking briars or meers, that number would likely be lower. Doesn't matter, he's happy with what he does, and I'm happy with what I do, which is what it's all about anyway.

Fazby":tbf7n1yi said:
Workdays get one bowl at night (or a cigar)
Weekends may get three bowls (or cigars) per day
Subtract the parenthetical cigars, and that's pretty much my smoking habits as well

Up early again so today can be a BIG day of enjoying more then normal.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I am on the lighter end of the spectrum I guess. I seem to average 4-5 bowls a week at the moment. That may expand a bit with daytime bowls after school starts up and I've got the house to myself again! :D

On work days I usually only smoke one bowl in the evenings. I smoke 2 to 4 on my days off. The count mostly depends on what I have to do that day and the weather since I smoke outside. Too hot or too cold and I smoke less.

2 or 3 bowls a day as I sip my daily Dram of single malt. If I'm
celebrating a particularly good day of killing weeds, I may opt
for a second Dram which requires filling more Bowls :lol:

Zero to six. I also smoke stogies, do a little snuff, and even an occasional chaw. Once a year, seriously, I might have a cigarette cadged from my brother, who, seriously, smokes about one a day...or so he says.

For me it's more a case of how many bowls do I FILL per day than how many do I SMOKE per day :lol:

I work from home and therefor I can/may smoke in doors and as much as I like.

I re-light all the time because I work while I smoke and I smoke while I work. Take a few puffs and put the pipe down just to re-light a couple of minutes later. I don't really like it this way but that's how the cookie crumbles. I prefer to fill a pipe and sit back and finish the bowl. But, as you all know, our work always interferes with our pleasures

So, I might fill 10 bowls but only smoke about 5 ....the rest goes down the drain.

To answer the question.....I guess I smoke about 4 to 6 bowls per day

I'm grateful for this thread. I've just realized that I'm in a rut which I've tried to avoid all my life. Smoking the pipe should be a pleasure, not a habit.

So, as from this very moment, I'm changing my habit to a pleasure :lol!:

SpeedyPete":fvd9iit8 said:
So, as from this very moment, I'm changing my habit to a pleasure lol!
Excellent thought and great move on your part :cheers: :cheers:

Always smoke a pipe for pleasure, didn't know of any other way.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!