How many fly fishermen in the BoB?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here it is.... have u checked out the Fishinwithjoe series? Lotsa eye candy to go along with the fishin´....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ayTBMJiHAHQ" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe> :cheers:

Afrter hitting reply, copy the url (the http://www. etc) of the video then hit the little box to the upper right of where you´re writing the reply (it has a little film icon). A smaller box will appear and you paste the url info in there. Voilá!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TfzjBher8Hk" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mister E: Thanks..... I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT :cheers: :bounce: :cherry:

Yeah, I know the above video doesn't have anything to do with fishing other than showing some good salt water fishing grounds. :lol:

Just wanted to mention these 2 sites,this is not a ad or promotion.I live nearby penns creek in union/center county pa dam good trout fishing,home of the the world famouse green drake.Getting into flyfishing more each year,both these sites have excellent info on the streams ,hatches ect. www.pennscreekangler.com and www.thefeatheredhook.com enjoy.

I am a fly fisherman, for the most part. I'll use spinning rods with my young sons from time to time. This spring (April and May) I'm planning to fish the waters in the Pisgah National Forest quite a bit. We have a home in West Jefferson, NC, so I'll be fishing local streams and creeks there and around Ashe County, as well, going after Brookies and Bows and the occasional Brown. My oldest two boys will be learning the fly rod, and I'll be helping them get "hooked" on fly fishing more than I'll be fishing myself most days. Hoping for a great spring season.

Count me in the group; pipes and fly fishing just seem to go together. I've accumulated a bunch of rods over the years, but my favorites are my Winstons, which I am fortunate to own in 3,4,5,6 and 8wts. The WT series rods have a sweet old-school action; those in the bigger/faster/farther club won't care much for it. They all wear Orvis Battenkill Bar Stock reels which I think are a great value in fly reels, plus I've never gotten into the whole large arbor thing. Living in Kansas means it's largely pan fish for me, although there are a couple of decent stocked trout areas nearby, and I make it out to Colorado for trout as often as I can. One of my favorite spots is within walking distance of my house which is nice; some nice bass, lots of fat bluegills, and some big ol' grass carp (the poor man's bonefish) that'll take you into the backing. Hoping the weather holds, as I'm planning to make it out this weekend for the first time this season. Tight lines!

I have been fly fishing almost thirty years. My first rod was a bubble packed setup from a local catalog store . My equipment has improved over the years but I had the most fun using and learning on that cheap set up.

I truly enjoy fly fishing here in MidCoast Maine, but all we have had for the last 12 days is rain and cold. The water will take another week or more to get down to decent levels around here if the rain ever stops. Size 16 Zug Bug on a 5 weight sinking tip will do the trick.

Haven't fly fished in years. Always loved it. Tried one of the tube/floaters to bass fish with poppers and had to fend off water moccasins. That fad went quick. I'll stick to the blue gills when they spawn - mean and willing to take almost anything that comes near their nest/beds.

I've been ffishing longer than I've been puffing, and I started that in '61. I'm 99% trouts in moving water. Tobaccowise I've pretty much centered on Latakias - any guesses to the kind of flies I prefer? (just checking stereotypes here).

tl and hp
lestrout

Great fly fishing video trailer

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/A4pOOMpFW_8" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The trout are deep in the lakes right now, so it's bass time for me in midcoast Maine. Caught on a sled jig.

docwatson":k4al5dii said:
The trout are deep in the lakes right now, so it's bass time for me in midcoast Maine. Caught on a sled jig.

Nice catch Doc!!
They still have that surprised look on their faces...

I'm a fly Fisherman and Fly Tyer. Although I'm not very good at either, I enjoy catching fish on my Not-So-Well-Proportioned flies.

P1000227-1.jpg

DSCN4782.jpg

DSCN4787.jpg

Innes,
Proportion is probably important to some tyers and some finicky fish, but as long as your creations work who cares???? Nice photos and good job of tying the flies. I've tied most of everything over the last 40 years, from salmon flies to bass bugs and it's a great pasttime. Favorite flies are still wet and streamer flies for trout and salmon here in the Northeast. Keep up the good work and fishing for that elusive trophy.
Doc

yes, I'm a flyfisher too!
Here in Italy my favourite style is dry fly fishing in small streams, trying to catch some brown trouts... 8)