How much do you smoke?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
on average 1 bowl per day on a good day 2-4 bowls , if I could smoke inside it would be alot more

Average 4-6 bowls a day, more sometimes, and very infrequently less. Don't know what that comes out to a month, have never kept track.

Here lately i've been averaging 1-bowl per day. That will, of course, pick up when it warms up and i'm outside more - or can at least open the windows. My wife doesn't smoke, so I try to limit my indoor smoking during the cold months.

For me, I'm generally smoking 2-3 bowls a day, although some days I have been known to smoke 4-5 bowls. 50g so far has lasted me most of the month and I think that it could probably last me half that again.

I am new to the whole smoking thing, I have smoked about 3 pipes a week for the last month or two.

TommyGun76":6n8g7jto said:
on average 1 bowl per day on a good day 2-4 bowls , if I could smoke inside it would be alot more
Same here. Wish I had a den/man cave smoking option...

4 to 5 bowls a day for me except on Partagas days which occur one or two days a month. My first pipe is always smoked upon arising in the morning before breakfast and my last bowl is usually Penzance before I hit the sack. I especially appreciate these two smokes. I usually have a bowl after breakfast, one in the afternoon and then another one after dinner in the evening. If I light a cigar, I smoke it down to the last shread of leaf in the nub and I'm good for the night.

One to sometimes two a day, now and then take off days or weeks until the desire hits.

1 or 2 a day on weekdays, usually missing a day (those are the nights I cry myself to sleep :( ).
Weekends or any day where I'm not stuck in the office all day long its more like 4 or 5.

How many more work years before retirement? Two bowls is good, 4 to 6 is more enjoyable.

LIPIPE":1tw1qsfa said:
How many more work years before retirement? Two bowls is good, 4 to 6 is more enjoyable.
Chuckle...no retirement in the foreseeable future, my friend.
Today should be a 4 to 6 day but snow shoveling duties tonight are interfering with the plan.

A single tin can last some time since I cycle around about 20 blends plus a couple others I sometimes dip into.

I probably smoke 15 bowls per week. If each bowl (on average) holds 2 grams of tobacco, then that's 30 grams/week * 52 weeks = 1560 grams or 3.439 pounds/year.

Way, way too much! If the pipe is not in my hand or mouth, it's in the pocket.

1-2 a day, and I take one or two days a week off! Now that I'm smoking cooler, I can see that number rising. :)

2-4 bowls a week, a 50gr tin lasts me months usually. But like many others i have a rotation, its of about 8 tins and some bulk...

This time of year when it's still cold a tin lasts me 10-14 days. In the summer I usually get through 2 tins a week.

As an interesting addendum, I've noticed I seem to stock up steadily during the winter and amass quite a cellar by the middle of spring. Then I spend a couple of months smoking way faster than I can afford to buy and find myself left with a measily few 100g's by the end of summer.