How To Win A Barfight

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winslow

Reaction score
haymaker.jpg
[/img]

Winslow :twisted:

Along these same lines, anyone ever BEEN in a bar fight?

I've got one under my belt. Many many near misses. It's amazing what some people will do to avoid getting in a fight.

Winslow, your killin me,,,, :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

I suppose I was "in" a fight at a bar. I was most definitely a contributing factor.

I was in a country and western bar back in Huntsville, Alabama. I saw an empty seat at the bar and made my way over and had a seat. I ordered a Budweiser so as to fit in. As I'm about to take my first sip I hear "HEY BOY"....now that place was packed shoulder to shoulder. The band was cranking out some top 40 country song with the amps set at full volume and people were yelling and talking and somehow I heard those two words from the other side of the bar and somehow I just KNEW they were directed at me.

This good ole boy pushes his way through the crowd like Moses parting the seas and said that I was in his seat and that was his woman sitting next to me. Naturally I apologize to the King Kong sized hillbilly and try to move away but as fate would have it, his girl friend was miffed at the old boy and came to my defense. She said for him to leave me alone and that she thought I was cute...then it happened....she put her arm around me. The fella didn't have to hit me cause I felt a sharp pain run through me and figured, heart attack.

The crowd cleared from the area and he reached out grab me and then he never knew what hit him til he woke up and saw the floor over the side of his shoulder. One of my friends just happened to be the southeastern region heavyweight champion in golden gloves at the time and he pummeled the guy. The bouncers didn't even try to jump in. They let him finish pounding the guy and then referred to him as "sir" and would he be kind enough to leave and take me with him.

I never even got to finish my beer and couldn't drink for the rest of the night cause I think I was still in shock from the near death experience, but my buddy David drank like Royalty all night on my tab.

Justpipes":t1jnid1d said:
I never engaged in that sort of rowdy behavior!!!
With your job you probably do it often and enjoy it. :p

Winslow :sunny:

Winslow":amthpwx1 said:
Justpipes":amthpwx1 said:
I never engaged in that sort of rowdy behavior!!!
With your job you probably do it often and enjoy it. :p

:D I'm just the facility manager of the place. :D

Benjamin Button":vydx3u32 said:
Along these same lines, anyone ever BEEN in a bar fight?
No, but I've had several opportunities though! I've always chosen to stay out of them or break them up. Two of my most memorable-
1. One guy tossed another across the bar room floor and landed at my feet. The tosser then came after him and attempted to smash him with a bar stool. I ended up stopping the bar stool as it came down. There I was wedged between the two with one hand on the bar stool and the other hand on the guy's chest on the floor. Finally everyone came out from hiding and gave me some much needed help and relief. :bounce:

2. Another time I was standing at a bar quietly sipping my beer when two corn fed gals got into it. One threw the other up against me and then jumped on her. There I was pinned to the bar unable to move with both of them on my back clawing, scratching and pulling hair. Of course everyone else was enjoying the show and encouraging it on yelling stuff like "Rip her blouse off". After what seemed like an eternity, they finally wrestled to the floor giving me an opportunity to move to a safer vantage point. :cheers:

As for the necessary phrase to eliminate the need for it to be called a sucker punch, one line I once heard was :
"Hey, don't I know your mother?" :lol!:

Jim

When I was younger I used to get in fights all the time. We used to go looking for them on Friday and Saturday nights in high school. I probably got in 10-12 in college, though 4 of those were actually during basketball games. When I was a cop I got in a fight or two every month it seemed. That was in the late 90's. I haven't been in a good fight in two years. I guess I'm getting old.

One of my friends at the Gym is a detective,he was a national karate
champ when he was 18-19 years old.He tells me one day "I think I'll pick
a fight with some punk tonight and beat the shit out of him,then I'll say I
hurt my back putting him in the squad car.I need a few days off." :twisted:

Been in a bunch of bar fights (breaking them up on the job) and none of them were anything like you see on tv.
We did get one at a local bar that was a biker hang out. In that one we did a lot of turning over tables and throwing chairs. No one got tossed through the front window though.
Too old for that crap now. Let the young guys have all the fun. :oops:

i saw a good bar fight once and what i learned is that you go for the face and don't stop until the dude (or lady, i guess) is down and out--that is, if you forgot your gun.

My Irish Grandfather (not to be confused with my Scottish Grandfather) gave the best advice,” when a fight looks unavoidable, punch him in the throat, and knee him is the balls. He will recognize your passion on the given subject and digress."

the macdonald":fi9qcbq4 said:
My Irish Grandfather (not to be confused with my Scottish Grandfather) gave the best advice,” when a fight looks unavoidable, punch him in the throat, and knee him is the balls. He will recognize your passion on the given subject and digress."
"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fa-Kew... It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." -So I Married an Axe Murderer

not nearly enough 'so i married an axe murder' quotes, IMHO. bravo sir!

I once saw a 30 man fight outside a bar in New Orleans, between members of my college's football team and some frat boys who had made some racist remarks toward them. The frat guys did not fare too well, I'll tell you that much. It was really quite a sight though, one of those things you need to see once in your life (from the sidelines).