How To Win A Barfight

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MisterE":gk08hae4 said:
Guy":gk08hae4 said:
To win a bar fight is never to find yourself in that type of environment.
True this.
Reminds me of something my instructor at my concieled carry class said. "The best gunfight is the one that doesn't happen."

I wish I could see what the original poster put up as a pic...says it's been deleted. But sure I've been in fights in bars. To tell you the truth they kinda suck, I go to the bar to have some beers shoot the shit, and try (emphasize the word try) to get a girl to go home with me lol. I'm really a happy, jovial drinker, but I have some friends who aren't, and there's always loudmouths at a bar, and sometimes the fight just comes to you.

I guess it depends what kind of bars you frequent also. Having grown up blue collar, my friends are as such, and some of them have no problem throwing hands with anyone. Lol and in the interests of my friends's safety I've had to jump in and try to save my 160lb friend who tried to beat up a 300lb guy in some shit bar. But I'm 36 now lol and I've been going less and less to places where I'm more likely to have to stop my dumb buddies from getting there heads kicked in...and I gotta say, it's much more relaxing. More expensive lol...but relaxing.

I've never been in a bar fight, but most of my fighting stories are pretty humorous so I'll share.

The first one was at a San Antonio Spurs Basketball camp when I was 10. I was really small for my age, but there was this even smaller kid in my group who obviously had early onset small man syndrome. He was running his mouth all week, and finally on the last day of camp he set me off by saying my grandma could probably shoot better than me. I started punching him as fast and hard in the stomach as fast as I could while tears are streaming down my face. He never hit back, and the coaches broke it up and moved me to a different group to finish out the day.

The second one was in high school. I was on anti-depressants, which is pretty much the dumbest thing you can put a teenager on when their hormones raging, and they were changing the doses on me trying to find the right mix. They prescribed me a lower dosage I was supposed to take more doses of a day, but I accidentally kept taking the higher dosage while upping the doses per day. It's hard to explain it, but pretty much anything that might annoy you or upset you even slightly set me into a rage. A bunch of us were playing wall ball against the auditorium, and some kid did something to pull the pin. I pushed him and he pushed me back. Everyone gathered around for a fight, and he slapped me. His slap snapped me out of it, and some of my friends grabbed us and held us back. The other guy yells "I kicked your ass!", and someone else goes "You didn't kick anyone's ass, you b*tch slapped him."

The last fight, and only real fight, I was in was a muay thai fight at a gym I trained at. I found out that I don't enjoy getting punched in the face, and it's a good idea to spare before being in a bar fight. It's also not a good idea to fight a guy who's been training for a year when you've only been training for 3 months, but of course I didn't know any of that before the fight.

My only bar fight experience happened on graduation night in college at a bar/dance hall in College Station, TX. My friends and I were all out dancing with our girlfriends, and a fight breaks out right next to us. I spin around with the intention of protecting my girlfriend from the fray, but my eye catches one of my best friends who has forgotten his girlfriend and is just trying to get some free punches in on the random guys fighting. It still makes me laugh.

Bas Ruten has good and hilarious advice on how to with a fight. I can't post the link, but just search for "Bas Rutten Instructional Video - the funniest" on youtube and it'll be the first video, it's seriously funny stuff.

I use to hang out at a couple bars near UVA when I was college aged. one was a country western bar and the one next door held concerts alot but mainly rock. Being part Scotch/Irish I been in more than my fair share of fights, none however was started by me...... well not intentionally anyway.

My biggest one was when I was at the country western bar and was shooting pool with a couple friends.I was sitting down waiting my turn when I happened to notice that a waitress that I REALLY liked was bent over the table behind me cleaning it so I decided in my drunken stupor to bite her butt, not hard mind you just a nip. As I leaned back someone kicked the chair out from under me and I came up and cracked him with the poolstick then commenced of beating him mercilessly. Once we was seperated the bouncer asked what happened so I told him. The look on the waitresses face was priceless and she said "you was going to bite my ass, why" To which I replied because it is really nice and it deserves a friendly little nibble" the bouncer was cracking up and she was blushing.

I didn't get kicked out but the other guy was along with arrested.