How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hawker if it makes ya feel any better we're expecting 56 degrees and rain tomorrow dropping down to 30 degrees Monday night. ;)

Hawker":oby6etyx said:
Peckerheads.  :evil:  :evil:  It was -32 Deg C this morning when I went out hunting with a foot of new snow in the last 48 hrs.
:shock: I converted that to F, didn't believe it and double checked it. I hadn't made a mistake (-25 F! makes me cold just thinking about it! :affraid: ) I hope you live in far north of Alberta, brother! Stay as warm as you can!

DrT999":66tlb0np said:
Hawker":66tlb0np said:
Peckerheads.  :evil:  :evil:  It was -32 Deg C this morning when I went out hunting with a foot of new snow in the last 48 hrs.
:shock: I converted that to F, didn't believe it and double checked it. I hadn't made a mistake (-25 F! makes me cold just thinking about it!  :affraid: ) I hope you live in far north of Alberta, brother!  Stay as warm as you can!
Things are looking up, high tomorrow of -9 low of -18 Deg C. and warming thru the week.

It's been below freezing here since Sunday morning. Snow started around midnight Saturday and we ended up with maybe 5" on the cars which promptly froze over on Sunday evening.

The liar weather dude says it should be up to 40 for a high on Wednesday and then back to our more normal rain until next week.

On Thanksgiving Day it was around 50 F.

Simple Man":ywnn03nf said:
71 and sunny... fine for August, rotten for now. I want some Winter! :lol:
You can have mine, it's 36 here today and these ole bones don't like it.

Was still 23F when I went into the brewery this AM. Temps are trending upwards though, and might get down to only 32 tonight. All the 5" of snow that fell early Sat is pretty much still here, although the roads in my 'hood are far more passable.

And the long range forecast was for an El Nino year, which supposedly brings warmer and dryer conditions! Uh.........yup..........

:|

Cheers,

RR

Pipe Smoker":fjdywhdl said:
Yesterday and today - cold, cold, cold with boring rain all day.
You must be in a different part of the country than my wife's family (Osijek), as they were just complaining about the cold (of course, they might mind cold more than rain)

It was chilly all day today (mid-40s, or about 8c) -- until now, when it's actually starting to warm up after sunset. Stupid weather. . . .

Finally the mercury headed north of 32 F yesterday afternoon and I was very happy to find no heavy frost to scrape of my car windows this morning. Now it's supposed to start raining and the temps will get back to normal.

Gotta love east Texas.

It can't decide if it's going to be 30 or 70. It's been both this week. And it keep changing.

beardedbassguy":5w3e6xyu said:
Gotta love east Texas.

It can't decide if it's going to be 30 or 70. It's been both this week. And it keep changing.
Give it 15 minutes............. ;)

Weather word of the day: Blustery. Been all kinds of warm gusty wind and sideways rain.

Dodged a strong windstorm yesterday, but not by much.

Central Puget Sound area had gusts of up to 50 mph or more, Northern Sound and coastal areas reported 70 mph gusts. Many areas without power, trees down on houses, etc.

The storm only really brushed my area, and while the lights flickered we never lost power.

RobJ is in the area that experienced the higher gusts so hope he's doing OK. Windstorms scare the living shyte outta me!

:no:

Cheers,

RR

We dodged a bullet I suppose. Plenty of high winds with stuff banging around big time in the dark but thankfully no trees or large branches came down in my neighborhood that I could see during a quick survey this morning before leaving for work. Our power dropped briefly a few times but we did fine otherwise. Normally we aren't so lucky.

Glad to know you made it through unscathed too Rande.

RobJ":vc8dmr62 said:
We dodged a bullet I suppose. Plenty of high winds with stuff banging around big time in the dark but thankfully no trees or large branches came down in my neighborhood that I could see during a quick survey this morning before leaving for work. Our power dropped briefly a few times but we did fine otherwise. Normally we aren't so lucky.

Glad to know you made it through unscathed too Rande.
Ya, looks like you and I made it through this one Rob.

The wind speeds in my area probably reached 40-45 mph at their peak, which isn't terrible but it can bring down trees that are weak, dead, or where the rains have saturated the soil.

When I came home yesterday after it had died down there were plenty of branches down on the roads in my subdivision. And just as I turned onto my street I saw a big crane lifting a fir off a house. Hope they didn't sustain much damage.

Today I heard that Crystal received a peak gust of 93 mph, and some area on the coast saw 78 mph! Looks like Cammano Island got it the worst, with gusts to over 60 and thousands without power.

Back when I lived in Indianola on the other side of the Sound I had a close encounter with a Hemlock that put the fear of God in me. Too much to go into here but suffice to say when we get windstorms it gets my attention!

:x

Cheers,

RR

Nice and clear and sunny and got up to 72 degrees today. Supposed to get warmer tommorrow and colder and rain on Sunday ! AHHHH Texas, if you don't like the weather just wait a minute !! :twisted: :twisted: