How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time to revive this thread.

As of last night, the rain was of epic proportions. Kept me awake most of the night despite having earplugs! Flooding on many rivers but none near me, thankfully.

Then the wind picked up, but it never reached a point where I lost power. Looked like gusts to the mid-40's where it results in outtages. At least in my area.

We're in the grip of a series of storms, and while there is a calm right now the rain is expected to pick up again through Sat/Sun. Hopefully I can get a good night's sleep tonight as last night was awful!

There isn't too much of a snow pack in the Cascades near me which might result in flooding in my area, so for now we're OK. Other areas in the Pac NW are not so lucky.

I hate this time of year. And the forecast is for the El Nino conditions to be similar to the one in '06 where a huge windstorm wiped out the power to some for 3 weeks! I myself was without power for 6 days as well as the brewery, and that was dire enough. Some folks went far longer!

How was your weather today?

Cheers,

RR

Orlando has been miserable for the last couple of weeks--highs around 88-90 with high humidity. :x We spent the weekend in Tallahassee for Homecoming, and it was gorgeous (sunny with high of 67 yesterday). I'd love to get some of that here.

Well. 'eff me.

News just said that our area is on track for a major windstorm coming in Mon - Tue. Looks like I might be off line for a while. This one looks serious.

No Cheers,

RR

Sounds pretty bad Rande. Hopefully it won't be as bad as they think. Here it's been in the low 20's at night getting up into the 50s and low 60s. We've got more snow coming tomorrow. We're at 7220 feet elevation so I kind of expected more snow by now but I won't complain. I just hope we don't get down like we did 18 years ago when it bottomed out our thermometer at -50F and froze the antifreeze in the car.

Jeans and tshirt weather down here today. It'll probabky cool off later this afternoon, but I'll be safe at home by then. 8)

A lovely bright and still, if slightly chilly, day here. Just right to open a Dunhill mixture

Looks like the wind will start Tue AM and ramp up throughout the day into evening. So I'm prepared for the worst but hoping for the best. We'll see.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":r0tmxnhf said:
Looks like the wind will start Tue AM and ramp up throughout the day into evening. So I'm prepared for the worst but hoping for the best. We'll see.

Cheers,

RR
Best of luck riding out the storm; no doubt many of the rest of us will be having to do something similar this winter!

DrT999":84wijcih said:
Brewdude":84wijcih said:

Cheers,

RR
Best of luck riding out the storm; no doubt many of the rest of us will be having to do something similar this winter!

No doubt DrT. I've observed many areas of the US getting spanked hard over the past couple years when we had relatively calm conditions. Might be our time in the soup!

:|

Cheers?

RR

Overcast and cloudy all day, temps in the upper 50s, spotty rain all day and big thunderstorms coming through in the early am tomorrow !! :twisted: :twisted:

Light snow most of the day. Turned fairly heavy about 4. We'll see just how bad it gets tonight. They may close the highways in and out of town.

Jim

Brewdude":ghks6ftw said:
DrT999":ghks6ftw said:
Brewdude":ghks6ftw said:

Cheers,

RR

No doubt DrT. I've observed many areas of the US getting spanked hard over the past couple years when we had relatively calm conditions. Might be our time in the soup!

:|

Cheers?

RR
I screwed in several more ground anchors around the children's trampoline this morning as we've got big winds expected here in Blighty this afternoon. Didn't want to come home to see the trampoline in the neighbour's tree or parked on top of her car.

Weather sucks in Issaquah this morning with a windstorm spinning up. Nice.

Very unusual weather for this time of year in Michigan. Mostly sunny and in the mid 60's. But the deer hunters up north hate this kind of weather.

Been very windy late morning/early afternoon. Lost power once at home briefly and now lights are flickering even though the wind seems to have died down. But it's been raining cats and dogs all day!

No Cheers,

RR

Been raining cats and dogs down here as well. Went outside and stepped in a poodle.

Lots of news about the power outtages in the Pac NW. Trees down on houses, power lines, one fatality so far. Some areas still have high winds but it's clamed down significantly in my area. Peak gusts recorded at 51 mph in my area. 

I was lucky. This time!

Cheers,

RR