How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW, 60 degrees outside and high humidity.... extremely damp, just to sit on a chair!!! Smoking in the garage this morning!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

[Sighs]  Well, autumn is here. Leaves are on the turn on our 'earlies' like the horse chestnut. Temps are falling and I've not seen a swift for a week or so. Oh well. Here's to summer '18.

Back to seasonable temps. Smoke is gone. Mid-70's and sunny. Nights in the 50's. Perfect sleeping weather. Have some rain coming in for the latter part of the weekend. We need it (can't believe I'm saying that!).

Cheers,

RR

Just sat on the back terrace and enjoyed a pipe. The temperature here is 64 degrees with 100% humidity and no rain in sight. Very sticky and uncomfortable..." oh how I wish it would rain "!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

The rain and cooler temps have returned to the Pac NW. Now in the upper 50's during the day and lower 50's at night. Today we had a couple good showers, and even thunder boomers. My poor rhodys need it! What a contrast to a few weeks ago.

Got the central heating on and back to the long johns!

Cheers,

RR

Jeez - yesterdays weather report said the pass on I-90 at the Snoqualmie Summit received 4" show at Alpental, which is the highest ski run there. Too dang early for this! Snow level was down to 5000' apparently.

:evil:

No Cheers,

RR

After a week or so of cooler and more seasonable temps with rain and showers we have an Indian summer! Yesterday and today are filled with glorious sunshine and temps in the upper 70's/mid-80's. No humidity to speak of, and it cools off nicely at night for good sleeping weather.

Looks like the weekend will bring back the seasonable showers and cooler temps. But right now have all the windows and door to the deck open for some nice fresh air!

Cheers,

RR

Finally starting to cool off around here. In the 80's and falling at night to the 60' and 50's.
Although I probably shouldn't have said anything.......knock on wood! ;)

Brewdude":n9zafu91 said:
Just as expected - seasonable temps in the 50's and showers. Not bragging or complaining!

Cheers,

RR
Wanna Trade? ;)

Woke up this morning to at least 4 inches of snow covering everything. Its only stopped snowing a little while ago. Most of it has melted off already so all in all not too bad.

Jim

huffelpuff":cil9vdpc said:
Woke up this morning to at least 4 inches of snow covering everything. Its only stopped snowing a little while ago. Most of it has melted off already so all in all not too bad.

Jim
That sounds wonderful to me. I can't complain too much though. Today was a nice cool Fall-type day in Georgia. Had a beautiful breeze with it. I spent a bit of time outdoors at a customer's farm this morning. Pretty nice day.

Lovely Wife and I went to DC last evening for a concert. Got up early this morning and drove home via Skyline Drive through Shenandoah National Park. Some leaves have started to change, but not many. 55-60F, clear, and sunny. Perfect for a relaxing drive.

Simple man, normally I wouldn't complain about snow myself but I'm in the middle of trying to move. Snow makes a miserable job soooo much worse. Lol oh well that's what I get for insisting on living in a house that has heat. Enjoy those nice fall days brother!

Jim

It's been pretty much seasonable here in the Pac NW lately. Cooler temps with showers, etc.

Right now watching Hurricane Nate which is coming up to spank the gulf coast from LA to AL, after which it will come onshore to do a sweeping arc over the SE sector.

I'm watching this closely as our brewery founder is a "looper", which is an abbreviation for one who chooses to navigate a "loop" on a small water craft which encompasses a large area.

In this case, he and wife embarked on an epic 9-mo journey in a smallish boat starting from Ft. Meyers FL. And then around the FL peninsula, up the east coastal shore to NY. Then onto the Lake Erie waterway, thence down to Lake MI, and eventually to Chicago and the way to the mighty Mississippi.

From there they traversed into the TennTom waterway in AL which is where they are right now, about 250 miles north of Mobile, AL. And this is where they will hold their positions until the all clear has been issued. Might take a few days.

Hopefully their covered slip they are in will go unscathed in the inevitable winds which will whip up.

Hope all our brothers/sisters in harms way are prepared for this 4th hurricane this season.  

Cheers,

RR

90 degrees and balmy. A few days ago I thought fall was finally here. Guess I was wrong.

We're in the New Orleans area till Tuesday (North Shore). We dodged Nate last night, it barely rained. Now sunny and in the 80's.

Al, glad the worst of Nate bypassed you. Enjoy New Orleans and don't forget to stop by Cafe Du Monde

In the low 70's here and rain on and off all day.... :cry:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!