How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, did it rain last night!! Right now it's 72 degrees with 90% humidity. The next few days Rain ☔️ is in the forecast. Let's hope the Neuse river does not peak again.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Wow, it's real sticky outside right now at 73 degrees with 100% humidity and not raining. With 100% humidity wouldn't think we would have some rain right now, here in NC??? Suppose to rain later for most of the day.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

The haze from the fires in BC here is still hanging around. Been this way all week and it's a bugger even 30-some miles due east of the Emerald city. I can hardly see Mt Si from the brewery dock and the other ranges further east are totally obscured!

But relief looks like it's in sight. We're supposed to have cooler air coming in from the Pacific that should scrub it out in a few days. Perhaps even some showers Sunday! Think it's been a record number of days without any precipitation.

And today daytime temps were in the low/mid 80's with seasonable norms expected next week. Which is to say mid/upper70's and nightime lows in the 60's. Much more reasonable than the mid-upper 90's we were experiencing.

Kinda makes brewing beer a bit, shall we say, uncomfortable!

Cheers,

RR

Went to sit on the back terrace and right back inside I went...75 degrees with 100% HUMIDITY and not raining. This has been an extremely humid summer here in NC :twisted: :twisted:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

What a major change from a mere few days ago-

Today was mid-60's and overcast. We had light rain last night in the upper 50's and the precipitation continued into the morning. This is great, we need it right now!

Just to think that last week had temps at least 20 degrees more than this. And I had the fans on since I don't have central air.

Guess our summer is over this year!

Cheers,

RR

It's another one of those miserable days here in NC with the temperature @ 79 degrees with 100% humidity and no rain.
" oh how I'd wish it to ☔️ rain ☔️ ".

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Mother nature continues to astound us here in the Heartland!! Rain again yesterday (love these High Plains T-storms!!) with much cooler than normal temps. Got in bowls of Escudo, Peretti's Cambridge Flake, larry's Blend, MacB's Golden Extra, Solani ABF, and good ol' Carter Hall!!! Nice breezes last evening...amazing for August!! We're usually melting!!! :cheers: FTRPLT

Lonecoyote...Quite sayin' how bad the WX is in NC!!! I'm heading back that way in September for a while!!!!!

Cooler than normal, a bit stormy. Keeps things, well, interesting.

I like interesting :cyclops:

@ 1:59am here's in NC it's 74 degrees with 100% humidity and the dew point is 74.... nasty sticky !!
Oh, no rain

KEEP ON PUFFING

The past week it's been horrendous here and seems today will be more of the same!

Right now 74 degrees with 98% humidity and a dew point level @ 74. Can not sit on the back terrace and enjoy my next pipe, it's that bad.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

OK, I've had it!! Something must be done about Global Warming!! I'm sitting in OKC in August...The temps are cool, it's raining like no tomorrow, and we are under flood advisories :p :p :p A month ago we were 5" behind on our annual rain average. We've now caught up 3" plus the "cats and dogs" are pouring down outside!! Sure makes for some great smokin' WX however!! :cheers: FTRPLT

Brewdude":hvpli016 said:
Sunny and seasonable in the mid-70's here. Nights in the low 50's. Perfect sleeping weather!

Cheers,

RR
Ditto in MO. I could actually be outside long enough to get a tan. Good stuff. Unusually cool for this time of year...

Viva 'Global Warming'!

It's been a brutal Summer here in NC as far as humidity and extremely high dew points between 72 and a few at 79.  Right now it's comfortable at 68 degrees with a dew point of 61. Perfect for enjoying a pipe on the front porch :cheers:

update
 The temperature dropped to 63 degrees since originally posting. Light jacket weather for me.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Electronic gauge in the back yard hit 115 today, the hottest
I've seen in Santa Rosa in 26 yrs. Expecting hi's around 110
for tomorrow.

Earlier.... super heavy rain and severe thunder. We have flooding and the Neuse River is roughly 15' above banks, not at its worst point as of yet. Possibly more ☔️ rain today. Last year at this time a neighbor across the street was canoeing ? and fishing ? in his backyard. Thank God the waters did not breach that particular roadway.

Holy smoke, is it smoky around here today - and I don't mean from pipe weed!

Woke up to a noticeable odor of smoke, the kind burning wood has. After sunrise, a palpable pall of smoke hung over our valley. In fact it was so bad it looked like rolls of a thick fog, and succeeded in partially blotting out the sunshine! Also left signs of ash and soot on my car.

There's some big wildfires just on the east side of the Cascades right now, and apparently the smoke has drifted west and settled in our valley just below the foothills. All day at the brewery it smelled of smoke. Not good to be breathing that in.

Also heard a report of a brush fire 15 miles north of the brewery, but that they expected to have it contained in a few hours. Very concerning, including and especially since WA state is tinder dry right now and the threat of forest fires is very real. Even now in the afternoon, walking out to the mailbox is like walking through a camp fire area. Strong smoke everywhere!

And the smoke is holding in the heat so it doesn't cool down at night. The daytime temps have been excessively hot lately, in the mid-90s. Most folks around here have no central air-conditioning.

Hopefully we'll get some relief from this later this week as a low pressure system is supposed to bring in cooler winds from the Pacific ocean, with the possibility of light rain/drizzle. That should help knock this down.

No Cheers,

RR

Sunny and 78 degrees.    :cheers:
The cool breeze from the North feels soooo
good because it's keeping Irma away.

The smoke hasn't cleared completely yet but it's a lot less than yesterday. Still very hazy out and difficult to see Mt. Si from the roads on the valley floor. And the sun was red/orange through the haze!

Expecting a cool down starting tonight as the low comes in from the ocean. Hopefully it'll scrub this out. I had to open my windows at home though as it was miserably hot and stuffy inside. Not healthy with the smoke still in the air but I don't have air conditioning, and I'm not going to wear one of those throwaway dust masks in the house!

Cheers,

RR