How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RR:

Hey...the chief was lucky he didn't get a lecture about how irresponsible it is to Increase His Carbon Footprint™ for burning all that wood...or some bullcrap.

The blind leading the blind.

newjok10.png

Last few days have been clear, sunny, and rather breezy. Not "windy" as such when I think of windstorms with accompanying power outtages. Yet still enough peak winds that get your attention and are somewhat annoying while trying to sleep. Had one mini-outtage last nite.

That's nothing compared to much of the rest of the country in the upper midwest and the eastern seaboard all the way to FL who are hammered by sub-zero temps, snow, ice, and strong winds.

Hope all you folks in affected areas are OK. It'll be our turn in the soup before too long, make no mistake!

:silent:

Cheers?

RR

funny thing is my family is from kansas and i now live in south and sadly its all so true

4 1/2 inches of snow, and still accumulating a bit. :tongue: And the snow and slush should freeze hard tonight and only start melting off late tomorrow morning. Hopefully the campus officials will at least cancel morning classes. Still, could be worse!

Bitter cold, high of about 16 degrees F. Too damned cold to enjoy my pipes!

Damn.....you guys on the eastern seaboard are getting pretty beat up right now. And some of you are not used to these conditions since the infrastructure isn't necessarily there with regard to ploughs, salting, sanding and such. Not like I had when I was a cheesehead.

Seems like a lot of power outtages due to the ice and wind, plus the ice flows on the rivers that are making things treacherous. I hope all of you in harm's way can hang on until things improve.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":n22vxa2q said:
Damn.....you guys on the eastern seaboard are getting pretty beat up right now. And some of you are not used to these conditions since the infrastructure isn't necessarily there with regard to ploughs, salting, sanding and such. Not like I had when I was a cheesehead.

Seems like a lot of power outtages due to the ice and wind, plus the ice flows on the rivers that are making things treacherous. I hope all of you in harm's way can hang on until things improve.
The DOT/local road crews folks do a decent job here, considering their limited resources. Considering how few such storms we've traditionally gotten (they do seem a bit more frequent the last few years), they aren't heavily invested in brine spreaders & plows, but they at least manage to keep the highways and most major roads decent. As for the secondary roads, though....

This was my view while having a pipe on the porch this afternoon. It was perfectly quiet for about 10 minutes, just magical. Then the kids from a couple houses up the street came out to play and the neighbors down the street started yapping about something. Not complaining about it, just acknowledging that the atmosphere changed. Enjoy the quiet moments in life while you can, they never last.

Luckily I don't have to go out and about in it. I'm scheduled off today and tomorrow so I can just sit back and watch it snow.

</a><a href="https://www.flickr.com/photos/120498845@N06/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">

Rain, rain, and more rain. Sometimes heavy. Flooding in some areas, fortunately not mine (at present anyway).

Temps are moderate. 40's days, mid-upper 30's nights. The Cascades are getting all the snow. Freezing elevation varies, but it's well above me for now.

Feb last year was the epitome of suckage in terms of snow at my elevation. Biggest I've seen in my 20 years living here. Awful, including and especially the lack of plowing.

It's still early game, and I fully expect to see snow yet before this winter is over.

And then, I'm reminded of our folks in the upper midwest to the NE who are getting hammered by one storm after another, with sub-zero temps. Makes me very thankful of my lot!

Cheers,

RR

The day started off pretty nice, but a little bit ago I looked out and it looks like a blizzard! Big flakes too....

Rainy and breezy today. Had one mini-power outtage. Depressing weather recently with no let up in the rain for some time. I could really go for some sunshine right now!

Hey, at least it's not snowing and below zero. I guess I have that going for me!

:face:

Cheers,

RR

2"- 4" of snow, temps in the 30's with blowing winds. Had to cancel our drive to a friend's house for a party and I haven't enjoyed, truly enjoyed a pipe in well over a month now.

I'm really, really, really sick and tired of Winter already.

Could get a little interesting around here this weekend.

Wind, rain, and snow on tap. Followed by sub-freezing temps. Might be our time in the soup!

:shock:

Cheers?

RR

You know, yesterday it was 80, sunny and a bit windy. Today was 36, sunny and calm. Snow expected tonight. Go figure! :bball:

It got a little scary here earlier today when the wind kicked up suddenly. Lost power several times but fortunately it came back on. So didn't have to fire up the genny, but am prepared to do so.

NOAA says to expect some snow accumulation tonight through Sun. However it doesn't sound too dire!

Cheers,

RR

Survived the storm yesterday. Had yet another power outtage later in the eve but power is back on now. Currently awaiting the snowfall. The Cascades are getting 1-2 feet of the stuff!

Cheers,

RR

Hmmm. Late season dusting of snow...falling on the daffodils and Forsythia in the Portland area. Hardly anything all Winter...and now this. Whatever. It’ll likely be gone by noon at the latest.