How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spectacular!!! Stupendous!! Cool front moved in here in OKC last night, temps dropped like a rock!! 72F this morning, heavily overcast, T-storms forecasted for the next three days!! Had three bowls this morning along with some powerful, thick, black coffee!! Let the good times roll!! :cheers: FTRPLT

Rain to start this afternoon and continue on-and-off for the next week.

Awoke to more rain and cool (71F) temps again! :D :D :D I was so happy I even smoked an aromatic 'baccy in an old Ropp Cherrywood :) :cheers: FTRPLT

Yup. Lovely day today. 70 degrees and overcast. Reminds me of the Willamette valley.

On the one hand, gloomy and sprinkles alternating with rain, but on the other hand, it was COOL! (in the sixties) rather than the high 80s/90s. Worth the rain!

Surprisingly fine here in the 'shire today. Warm and sunny with puffy cumulus drifting across the skies. Had an hour at the local climbing wall and swung by my local airfield on the way home to see what was happening. Once home, I let my son loose with the lawn mower for the first time and then we sat on our garden bench and admired his handiwork with a beer and shandy in hand accompanied by a bowl of RDF. Yup, not a bad day.

It only got to around 102F today. Yesterday was 104. We're on a cooling trend and might be in the mid-90's early in the week as a front skirts us. But that will be accompanied by higher humidity which I freaking hate!

The positive about this is the greater Phoenix area might finally get some rain as we're in an extended drought. But even then it's spotty.

Cheers,

RR

Stick":a5gwqm1s said:
Surprisingly fine here in the 'shire today.  Warm and sunny with puffy cumulus drifting across the skies.  Had an hour at the local climbing wall and swung by my local airfield on the way home to see what was happening.  Once home, I let my son loose with the lawn mower for the first time and then we sat on our garden bench and admired his handiwork with a beer and shandy in hand accompanied by a bowl of RDF.  Yup, not a bad day.
That indeed sounds like a wonderful day!

Sunny here, pretty warm, a bit humid. The garden is thirsty!

Relatively mild for the time of year here today. High of around 96 right now, but the humidity is higher owing to the possibility of rain tonight. Only a 30% chance.

Back to the low-mid 100's later this week.

Cheers,

RR

Yup, sunny, warm, and humid. I cut the grass, trimmed, and raked. Just too hot for that. I got dizzy and had to take a nap this afternoon! I did the yard work today so I could recoup the next two days!

Wednesday night we hit a low of 16*f and ended up with 4-6 inches of snow. This morning we still have snow on the ground and the low was 8*f.

First snow yay?
Jim

Same area as huffelpuf, made it to 45 degrees and projected to get warmer this weekend.

Lovely here in sunny Arid-zona. Daytime highs in the upper 80's and crisp nights/early mornings in the lower 60's. Wall to wall sun. What's not to like?

I'm reminded not for the first time that if I was still living near the Emerald City or back in Wiz-gan-sin I'd have the central heating on right now and would be wearing long johns, sweatpants, and a sweatshirt! As it is I'm still in shorts and a t-shirt. Lovin' every minute of it too!!

8)

Cheers,

RR

This morning the temp at 5am was 72 degrees. After several rain showers passing through and temps dropping all day it’s 49 degrees now. The low temp in the morning around 5 am is supposed to be around 33. Today was the first day in over a month that we got any measurable rainfall.