How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blackhorse":x35q1zvr said:
Ozark Wizard":x35q1zvr said:
The weather? Well....

A tornado missed my place by five acres. The swath cut looks like a new road was cut through the trees, the neighbor's house and a church down the way. 4.5 inches of rain fell overnight. Power is still out around me, and I lost half my solar panels to a fallen black walnut tree. I now have a retired couple living in the guest room.

Today's been pretty nice, but tomorrow is going to be severe again. Many towns around had it much worse.

Man...that’s WAY too close!  Feel really bad for your neighbors.  Nasty business.
Holy Schmidt! Tornadoes are scary stuff. Hang in there Ozzie!

Cheers,

RR

I'm glad you weathered the storm. I was thinking about you while watching all the storm reports on tv. It's a real mess down that way. Fortunately, there weren't any severe injuries.

Yesterday I managed to get some of the lawn mowed. I even had time to walk the dog. When we got back, two big old turkey buzzards were sitting on the roof! Well, I got out my rifle, loaded a round of birdshot in it and scared the crap out of those big old birds! They flew off and I haven't seen them since! Today it is raining again. When will it end?

A few days ago it pushed up to 100 here in sunny Arid-zona. Not uncommon for this time of year. Now more comfortable in the upper 80's with a cooling trend coming in for the weekend. Haven't needed to turn on the AC yet this year.

No moisture associate with it as the low pressure system will pass far to the north and is expected to wreak havoc on the plains states with wind, rain, and possible tornadoes!

Sure am glad to have retired here!!

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR

Sounds like you're in a great region sir! Word in the woods is there's about to be some more crazy weather tomorrow and Tuesday here.

Ozark Wizard":y6gbqxrg said:
Sounds like you're in a great region sir! Word in the woods is there's about to be some more crazy weather tomorrow and Tuesday here.
So I'm given to understand Ozzie. Hope you fare OK. Rather concerning to learn a twister set down so close to you recently!

And yes, I'm very happy in my relocated area. In a bit of a cooling trend right now and temps only got into the upper 70's today, but still sunny. Sure beats the gloom and rain of the Pac NW. I'll be taking advantage of this and do some hiking while the weather is still conducive. The 100's will be upon us soon enough.

Cheers,

RR

I just stepped outside and it is a very pleasant 70 degrees here in Illinois. Perfect weather for working in my yard.

50 MPH winds, and a hard rain, lighting, the whole ball of wax. :roll:

Here we go again!

Yesterday starting around 7:30 pm, the big storms finally hit us. Mostly rain, lightning, thunder, and wind here in OKC, some 'naders north of us. Lots of trees and limbs down all around the city. Flooding in lower areas bigtime!!! A few weeks ago we were 3" behind in rain; before yesterdays drenching, we were up 6"!! Today is calm, sunny, and downright nice!! :cheers: FTRPLT

It was a terrible time last night. A tornado missed us by 2 miles! It came down near the town of Lincoln and moved east, finally hitting the capital city. We just had wind, rain, and a little bit of hail. So we were very lucky.

Corncobcon":3780mq8o said:
It was a terrible time last night.  A tornado missed us by 2 miles!  It came down near the town of Lincoln and moved east, finally hitting the capital city.  We just had wind, rain, and a little bit of hail.  So we were very lucky.
Glad you made it through safely, Con

Corncobcon":3wydynfh said:
It was a terrible time last night.  A tornado missed us by 2 miles!  It came down near the town of Lincoln and moved east, finally hitting the capital city.  We just had wind, rain, and a little bit of hail.  So we were very lucky.
Yipe! I saw Jeff City got hit pretty hard last night. Glad you made it safely!

Corncobcon":kvkzb1om said:

Too close for comfort Conrad. Yikes!

:silent:

Cheers?

RR