How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad you made it through the lousy weather last night. We had about 3 inches of rain. This morning it was freezing rain, now it's snowing. The roads are slick. I took my utility vehicle out to the front gate about an mile to get the mail. I was sliding all over the place! The weather should get better by Monday.

It was cold here today.( Friday ).in Carolina High 45..It's going to be even colder tomorrow and maybe rainy.

Actually had snow on the ground this morning. Pretty much gone by the afternoon. Also can leave it behind by driving down the hill to the lower part of town where the elevation is about 50’. We’re at 450’ on top of the “bluff” and that 400’ makes all the difference.

When I lived in SE Alaska there would often be a snow line in the city between the streets...like on 4th St. you had snow but 3rd St. was bare. You could walk downhill from 4th and halfway down to 3rd there would be a line...above it, snow...below it, bare pavement. Always thought it was weird. It was pretty common.

Never cared for that range of maybe 20-35°. Most often too much moisture and humidity in the air, so the snow is wet and heavy, and it bounces from snow to sleet to rain. A mix is the worst in my opinion. I'd rather it be 0° with light, fluffy snow. We're in that crap range right now, and 3-5"s of snow that is like shoveling freshly mixed cement that will likely freeze into blocks of ice by the morning is not much fun at all. This is also when all the rain pipes freeze, so it's raining off the roof as the dew point is just enough to get things melting before dusk hits.

While it's been 70-ish, sunny, and clear skies here in Arid-Zona I don't miss being back in my old stomping grounds in WA state. They recently got more than 10" snow and high winds which caused power outtages.

:no:

Cheers,

RR

First real snow of the season (i.e. more than the odd flurry) -- big heavy flakes, but it's too warm to stick.  It'll likely be slippery in the morning, but fortunately I don't need to drive anywhere.

The poor saps back in Wyoming dealing with snow and cold. It is clear and 70 at Jamaica Beach, TX. The ocean is just barely visible from the spot we have in the RV park. :cheers:

Corncobcon":i9mp5m18 said:
Typical weather for the Ozarks.  It snowed 3 inches yesterday, and today it's 40 degrees and the snow is melting!
A very New Orleans-like day here -- 4 inches of rain over less than 2 days. Hope it slows down soon; don't need the creek behind me to flood! (it shouldn't, btw)

A bit chilly as the cold front moves out. It brought barely 50's during the day and freeze warnings at night. Still, with a sunny sky I can't grumble. Should be mid-70's this weekend.

:sunny:

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":rc3z4dxv said:
Stick":rc3z4dxv said:
Rather wet. The traffic lights are my usual drive to work:

https://youtu.be/NWqT8YOB5hQ
Yikes! Looks like you'd be better going by boat Squire. My mate up Hebden Bridge way reported much flooding in the town due to last weeks storms.

:affraid:

No Cheers,

RR
Yup, had to blag a lift with Noah just to get to work yesterday. River Severn is the highest it’s ever been on record.