How was your weather today?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's snowing in North Georgia this morning. I'm loving it... going out to smoke something dark in my Peterson Jekyll and Hyde in a little while.

Sure you love it Georgia cause it's a novelty..... It gets old when you have it for 5 or 6 months. Ps it's colder than a well driller ads up here lol

Thistleoak":8t8mz1cm said:
Sure you love it Georgia cause it's a novelty..... It gets old when you have it for 5 or 6 months.  Ps it's colder than a well driller ads up here lol
I'm actually from Northern Indiana by the Michigan line. I miss it a lot. Georgia is not for me, but alas, it is where I find myself living... for now.

We get nailed in the vicious cycle of lake effect. The storms hit us two or three times each as they do that double back from northern pressure systems. I remember my senior year we missed 45 days due to snow lol. Being from where you originally are I'm guessing you know what "Snirt" season is

snowma10.jpg

2 inches of snow, and it's still coming down. That's a lot for this part of NC this time of year!

A Balmy 29 degrees here north of the Golden Gate. No snow, but plenty of frost to go around.
Have had to scrape the truck windows the last couple of days.

have a little space heater & extra lap blanket set up in the garage for my morning
smokes, the wife doesn't let me smoke in the house.

We ended up with over 8" of snow. Probably a record for a December show in Georgia... anyway, the power stayed on throughout, thank God, internet went out the first night and has just been restored. All in all, it was a very nice snow storm and very little damage. A good thing.

We've had about 6 inches of snow over the weekend, starting on Friday. Temps are currently 7 degs C below zero. Schools are closed and everything has ground to a halt. These conditions are unusual now here in the 'shire and it tends to catch folks out.

Mason County Sheriff's department just revised the winter storm watch.... It went from 8 to 10 inches to 14-18 inches... we currently have 8 inches on ground.... Son of a .......

Stick":ef1c4zx9 said:
We've had about 6 inches of snow over the weekend, starting on Friday. Temps are currently 7 degs C below zero. Schools are closed and everything has ground to a halt.  These conditions are unusual now here in the 'shire and it tends to catch folks out.
Aye mate, that is very unusual for your area. Hope it gets sorted soon and everyone back to normal. You lot don't have the infrastructure to deal with this, do you.

Thistleoak":ef1c4zx9 said:
Mason County Sheriff's department just revised the winter storm watch.... It went from 8 to 10 inches to 14-18 inches... we currently have 8 inches on ground.... Son of a .......
Damn Sam, I don't envy you your situation Alex! Hunker down, throw another log on the fire, and do the best you can under the circumstances.

Lotsa folks getting bad weather right now, not the least of which is in California with all the wildfires. Sad, really sad.... :no:

No Cheers,

RR

Amazing here. 65 degrees F, sunny, light wind.

Stick, if that keeps up you'll be ice skating on the Thames by January...