Howdy from Tacoma!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emerald

Reaction score
Hey all, longtime lurker here finally creating an account. I live in Boston, literally a few blocks from Fenway. Grew up here in Tacoma, and am out visiting family. I've seen a few guys on here from Thurston county and JBLM, so hello to you all.

I actually bought a Kirsten from their 2200 Westlake shop this past summer after pining for one for so long, not long after the lovely folks at Tacoma Tins introduced me to straight virginia flakes. I've been hooked on both since. Tuesday I made a trip up to Kirsten again, and the woman there remembered me and we had a lovely conversation when I was on a quest for a reamer. (My other pipe is a Kaywoodie flame grain prince, which I've since pipe-mudded the heel, de-stingered, and filed out the metal insert for an incredibly open draw. I also destroyed a cob and a basket pipe....sigh...)

Back in Boston, I was introduced to english blends at Peretti's, and have made some acquaintances at Leavitt and Peirce. I'm definitely a fan of VAs and VAPers, and take the occasional English. Can't stomach burley for some reason, which is a shame.

Been smoking for two years, and, as I'm sure you'll all delight, inadvertently piqued the interest of several of my friends (and we're all young dudes, keeping the hobby alive). We get together for sushi and drinks, and come back to my place for a smoke when we get the time.

Aside from the pipe, I'm an avid runner and cook, music enthusiast, former bicycle racer, and a photography student.
Pleasure to be on here!

5326492350_d67998f4ce_z.jpg

A most excellent first post...and we love pictures on here, so give us lots of your photography. :lol:

Welcome and it's nice to see some younger guys get in this hobby/collecting what ever you want to call pipe smoking. No matter what you call it though, it's always nice to experience the finer things in life and fine high grade pipe tobacco is a very good one!

Love great wine, coffee, tobacco and lots of other things, but you know what I mean.

Skip

Welcome. Great pic. Reminds me a bit of the Sherlock series on BBC.

Wow, very impressive introduction indeed. Welcome!

Beautiful photo as well!

Thank you all for the welcome! I'll be sure to post some photos here and there. Surprisingly (or not), I've amassed a small collection of portraits of my fellow pipe-smoking friends, and at long last have one of myself now.
Natch- yep, they're still CNC'd up in Ballard, though I've not been to the original shop just yet, only the new one at Westlake and Denny.
Martin- Thanks! I actually lit up down the steps from the tobacconist, and heard not one, but two bystanders exclaim something along the lines of "he's so British!". If only...