Humador Help!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natch

Geographer Ultimo
B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Been out of state for over a month and mold grew on the top row of cigars and into the wood (cedar lined). Fortunately, I didn't have many cigars in it, but about a dozen were lost. How do I get the mold/spores out of the cedar? I wiped it down with a slightly damp rag and it's sitting in the sun for the day, but I'm not sure what else I can do. Suggestions?

Natch

IMG_7565.jpeg

Been out of state for over a month and mold grew on the top row of cigars and into the wood (cedar lined). Fortunately, I didn't have many cigars in it, but about a dozen were lost. How do I get the mold/spores out of the cedar? I wiped it down with a slightly damp rag and it's sitting in the sun for the day, but I'm not sure what else I can do. Suggestions?

Natch
Try wiping with bleach diluted with water. Takes mold off of grout. Would think it will work on wood.

10% bleach should remove it. you can also try a combination of vinegar and hydrogen peroxide. It's how they recommend disinfecting butcher blocks. There's a process to it, and I can't remember it off hand. one, then the other, leaving for a certain amount of time, etc. it would probably be the better of using bleach.