I Got a Wild Hair and Ordered Me Some...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarterHallJunkie

Reaction score
Peter Stokkebye Bulk Luxury Twist Flake today.

I have been enjoying a few Flakes as of late and thought I'd try this one.

The reviews from TobaccoReviews.com (actual reviews) looked good.

Have a committed a tragedy or a triumph?

Frank

Triumph. No doubt about it. All three of the currently produced Luxury flakes from Stokkebye are fantastic. The twist flake is the sweetest and contains no perique.

s.ireland":3rkpjubg said:
Triumph. No doubt about it. All three of the currently produced Luxury flakes from Stokkebye are fantastic. The twist flake is the sweetest and contains no perique.
SO good to know - they all sounded interesting - I chose the Twist because of the no perique (of which I have a love/hate relationship right now).

I have taken to flakes as of late - not sure why - I think I like fiddling with the baccy to get a good, cool smoke.

Do you "rub out" your flakes or otherwise?

These are excellent flakes that are easy to pack. Fold it, stuff it, and forget it !! Enjoy !!

Natch":mc758iix said:
Good flake, and a real deal cost wise. If you get the 1 1/2 pound boxes, it's just over $33 a pound. Buy lots and jar it up.

Natch
Natch is right! It's cheap enough to stock up on and you'll be glad you did.

As for me, I tend to rub out the twist flake. I prefer the bolder flavor I seem to get when rubbed out. Then again I smoke smaller pipes. I bet in a taller more narrow chamber, rolled up and stuffed with a sprinkle of crumbs on top that flake will burn very slow sweet and cool

There's some top flavoring to that one as well but it's mild and it enhances the sweet VA flavor rather than covering it up. To me it's got a caramel thing going on

I'm a fold and stuff man myself, and these Peter Stokkebye flakes are just the right thickness to do that. Any thicker, and I also would rub out.

Have really enjoyed the PS Luxury Bulls Eye and Navy Flake. Yet they are somewhat similar to one another (not that it's a bad thing).]

How is the twist different?

Cheers,

RR

Natch":mizue83p said:
Good flake, and a real deal cost wise. If you get the 1 1/2 pound boxes, it's just over $33 a pound. Buy lots and jar it up.

Natch
I bought a trial amount of 2 ounces with this order, but from all the positive comments here and my addiction to flakes as of late - I see a purchase of some Mason jars will be in order - a bulk purchase of the Flake - and let the cellaring begin!

(at which point I may have 100 more questions since this will be my first attempt at putting baccy up)

:bounce:

Just wash your hands (and the jars, if you're re-using them) before you transfer it.

Brand new, never-used-before lids and you're good to go.

:face:

s.ireland":12vcbdaa said:
I bet in a taller more narrow chamber, rolled up and stuffed with a sprinkle of crumbs on top that flake will burn very slow sweet and cool

There's some top flavoring to that one as well but it's mild and it enhances the sweet VA flavor rather than covering it up. To me it's got a caramel thing going on
That is the way I smoke my Orlik Golden Sliced, complete with the sprinkle of crumbs on top. Smokes like a dream!

I'm a big fan of Luxury Bullseye Flake. I like to loosen up two disks, then roll and stuff. Burns very well for a long time and transforms when it gets to the cavendish "eye." Highly recommended.