I just survived my 5th heart attack!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

williamcharles

Reaction score
Went into the hospital last Sunday. They rushed me from there to a hospital that specializes in heart problems (St. Vincents). They opened the clogged artery and placed stents number 8 & 9. I got home yesterday. Got some catch up reading to do. I'll have to do it later. I'm bushed. Ya'll take care.

Goodness! :shock:

I'm glad to hear that you are okay. Please get some rest and take care of yourself!

Glad to hear you're recovering!! :shock:

I hate to even say it (ignore me if you get offended), but what does your physician say about smoking?

HOLY :shock: !!!
Well if 1-4 were a breeze, why not number 5?
I hope you have a quick recovery... Smoke a pipe or two, slowly.
Zach

Zach, the fourth MI was the worse one so far. I had a hell of a blood clot in an artery (right descending) that took the "clot buster" 2 hours to eat it's way through. It usually takes 15-20 minutes. They tell me I died but that three angels of mercy brought me back. I awoke with a pretty lady sitting astraddle of my chest gently slapping me and screaming "Wake up, wake up!". That MI ended up with a triple bypass. This one is taking a while to recover from. I feel weak as a sick kitten. It reminds me of politics (it sucks).

They say a man's heart get's weaker with each heart attack. You must be a tough old bird, with a very strong will!

williamcharles":sbel4va2 said:
Went into the hospital last Sunday. They rushed me from there to a hospital that specializes in heart problems (St. Vincents). They opened the clogged artery and placed stents number 8 & 9. I got home yesterday. Got some catch up reading to do. I'll have to do it later. I'm bushed. Ya'll take care.
Glad it turned out OK for ya. Have had 9 stents myself. Doc says if I need anything further, it will be by-pass, which freaks me a bit. Wants me to give up the pipe but I'm not ready to do that despite wearing nitro patches and popping the occasional nitro pill. earl

earl":x4fwoijw said:
williamcharles":x4fwoijw said:
Glad it turned out OK for ya. Have had 9 stents myself. Doc says if I need anything further, it will be by-pass, which freaks me a bit. Wants me to give up the pipe but I'm not ready to do that despite wearing nitro patches and popping the occasional nitro pill. earl
I hear ya Earl. Don't let the rest of this scare you off in case you need a bypass.
A bypass can be a real bitch. When they did mine I went into ARDS (drowning in fluids collecting in my lungs) and almost died from that and then two weeks later the doc had to drain 1.5 liters of fluid from between my lungs and the pleura.

DON'T let that scare you! It doesn't happen to most people. Just the ones who grab the brass ring.
If you need a bypass, go for it. Beats hell out of the alternative.

Get well Chuck...don't let that hospital policy of "no smoking" get you down, just find a place outside the cameras can't catch ya. :twisted: Empathizing with your situation more than you know...

Scary news William...stay strong.
Richard Lloyd of Television...he's still around...