I smell a conspiracy

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
George Kaplan":2f3kx5xp said:
It was dead mouse, Rande. I stand corrected.
Could someone remind me, is bog oak the same as morta?
Yep, and it's billions of years old. You are holding a piece of history in your hand George! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Hmm...maybe Monbla had a tire swing on that oak when he was a kid. I guess I'll be using this for the RY at first, and try the Durbar in a proven briar. Something about that engineer's superstition against putting a new engine in a new plane.

Man, yesterday was torture. I had all these new goodies but I worked both my jobs and had no time to smoke a pipe. I could have written an all day review on just the tin note of Durbar. I FINALLY had a chance to light it and wow. This is some pretty special stuff, isn't it? I'll have to examine this in detail over a few more bowls and start a new thread to describe it. First impression though? Correct me if I'm wrong, but this really seems like a "college classroom" blend.
Thoughts?

George Kaplan":hwi573jo said:
Man, yesterday was torture. I had all these new goodies but I worked both my jobs and had no time to smoke a pipe. I could have written an all day review on just the tin note of Durbar. I FINALLY had a chance to light it and wow. This is some pretty special stuff, isn't it? I'll have to examine this in detail over a few more bowls and start a new thread to describe it. First impression though? Correct me if I'm wrong, but this really seems like a "college classroom" blend.
Thoughts?
Having been able to smoke both the "old" and today's version I'd have to say that STG has captured the essence of the "old" in today's version and it is really one of the better Balkans being blended today !! I've a friend over in Dallas who's smoked it almost exclusively since I met him in the early '70s and he says that they really did their best job of capturing what a blend was with this one!! And today's RY is not far behind it !! Enjoy your 'baccy !! :twisted: :twisted: