I turned a pepper grinder

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelM

Reaction score
I am very much a beginner at wood turning and mostly use my lathe for pipe repair work.  But I decided to try and make something as a Christmas gift for my wife and it turned out less embarrassing than I expected :lol:

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas,
Mike.
pepper10.jpg

Mike, that's a fine looking mill you've made! I hope your wife likes it.

Jim

Where did you get your grind mechanism? Sharp looking grinder. May it last years and years and possibly even be handed down.

Thank you all!  I'm happy to report that the wife loved it.  Unfortunately she immediately took an order for one from her sister :roll:
I got the mechanism from WoodCraft:  https://www.woodcraft.com/products/woodriver-stainless-steel-pepper-mill-grinder-mechanism-turning-kit
And the blank was walnut finished with Tung oil and carnuba wax.
I hope you all had a great Christmas,
Mike.

Love the mill, hate getting volun-told to make things for others! Those aren’t cheap kits. Good luck!

Crafty":cljb1sx6 said:
Love the mill, hate getting volun-told to make things for others! Those aren’t cheap kits. Good luck!
Thank you,  The wood is actually the bigger cost, but the fact remains it's much cheaper to just buy a pepper mill.  I just view the volun-told thing as a form of positive criticism ;)