I was laughed at by the grandkids

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THANKS mark, and RB, that's fantastic information. There's some trivia that I'll be hard to remember but they did lead some interesting lives and really made an impression on me as a very young lad.
I love the research you guys are able to dig up. Those were the days. Again, thanks for the memories and relative information. ;) 

Now I know what this thread reminded me of  :lol!: 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ue7wM0QC5LE" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Adam

I look forward to telling my grand kids that when I was young, we used to drive our cars, carry our cell phones in a pocket, it would take us almost 5 hours to fly from Chicago to San Francisco, and a coke cost $1.50.

They'll laugh as they zip around in their Google Maps self navigating and flying single person transporter pods, make a phone call by tapping a ring on their finger, teleport from Chicago to San Francisco, and pay $20 for a bottle of coke.

dshpipes":9m8u30e4 said:
I look forward to telling my grand kids that when I was young, we used to drive our cars, carry our cell phones in a pocket, it would take us almost 5 hours to fly from Chicago to San Francisco, and a coke cost $1.50.

They'll laugh as they zip around in their Google Maps self navigating and flying single person transporter pods, make a phone call by tapping a ring on their finger, teleport from Chicago to San Francisco, and pay $20 for a bottle of coke.
Not sure about grandkids, this stuff is changing at light speed. (Tho they never came thru on that flying car promise.) The iphone is only 6 years and loose change old. I often find myself watching relatively recent movies, the plots of which would be impossible today because of the internet and smart phones.

What I find really amazing is that humanity put men on the moon nearly half a century ago, but cannot do it today.

couple yrs back, grand-daughter climbed into the drivers' seat in my truck. Looked down, asked "what's that pedal for.....that 3rd one". Me: "That's what's used to actually DRIVE a car".
(No slush-box for me)!

Ed Duncan, Batavia, NY
pipe/cigar since '62