I wouldn't mind getting this dog for Christmas!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bowl is kind of cool, shank, band and stem assembly are a bit much. :lol: But, if you manage to convince Santa to get it for you, may you two have many years of happy smoking. :lol:

Kyle Weiss":7rrwt1gr said:
Bowl is kind of cool, shank, band and stem assembly are a bit much.
definitely a whole lotta Rosie going on there. a real lack of editing from my perspective.

John,
That's a really neat pipe with lots of Italian flair with the silver work. I like the space fitted stem showing the silver. Ascorti did something like that some years ago but with ivory in place of silver. Go for it!!!

Zeno Marx":3gmclne6 said:
Kyle Weiss":3gmclne6 said:
Bowl is kind of cool, shank, band and stem assembly are a bit much.
definitely a whole lotta Rosie going on there. a real lack of editing from my perspective.
I very much like the concept of the fitted band on the diamond shank. That's neat. I haven't seen too many of those, and as a bulldog lover, I'd like to see more of that done. 8)

docwatson":3u5ma5ca said:
John,
That's a really neat pipe with lots of Italian flair with the silver work. I like the space fitted stem showing the silver. Ascorti did something like that some years ago but with ivory in place of silver. Go for it!!!
"Italian flair" is a nice way to put it!

I think it's got a lot going for it. Pretty sharp in my book.

You know, the hardware is novel, but if you block it from view with your thumb, what's left seems like a pretty sedate Rhodesian (especially for Ser Jacopo).

You have to pretty much factor in the hardware with a Ser Jacopo. Not always, but much of the time.

It's Pesaro Pizzazzzzz! That's why I like it!

Don't get me wrong -- the overall effect is stunning. Just struck me that the metalwork plays a huge role in making the pipe "pop."

I was tempted a while back to start a topic asking members to post pics of their spigot pipes (and army mounts, for that matter) along with comments as to pros and cons and this may be a good time as any. Anyone have a favorite they'd like to share?

Beautiful pipes. The SJ Maxima dwarfs the Peterson 999; what a handful!

I must admit I've always found the Peterson Rosslare line very attractive. Looks aside, how does it smoke?

ruta2":ktna1pww said:
Beautiful pipes. The SJ Maxima dwarfs the Peterson 999; what a handful!

I must admit I've always found the Peterson Rosslare line very attractive. Looks aside, how does it smoke?
I have to admit, I’ve been neglecting the Rosslare somewhat because I do have an obsession with Italian pazzazz! But in the last week, I’ve been smoking it again because it’s really comfortable and smokes like a dream. Very cool with little or no moisture. The pipe is actually smaller than what it looks in the photo so I reserve it for flakes only. It’s a great pipe to smoke while I writing at my desk! Also the SJ is actually pretty light in spite of its size.

Thanks much!