If you could smoke only one blend....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When this subject comes up every so often, I always go into my "love-hate" mode of answering. I love the question; hate having to come up with an answer. I have no "one" 'baccy;" I must have 50+ blends sitting behind me or buried in the closet!!! I haven't inventoried for quite a while. I usually think of our seldom-heard-from brother, Justpipes, when this question is posed...And can see him answer "WALNUT!!!!!" every time and on cue!!!! :cheers: FTRPLT

Well if I could only have one I suppose I might choose Sutliff PS Kasimir, all things considered. This is tough, there are just so many great blends.

One blend, limited quantity for a specified time period? Or one blend, unlimited quantity? Seems like that would influence the choice. Smoking one blend for, like, forever, Dude, requires some heavy cogitation.

I was thinking one blend, unlimited quantity, but that's for the OP to define.

Ask me tomorrow and chances are good I'd make a different choice than I have, thus proving my inability to choose one blend to have and to hold forever and ever amen.

Doesn't say much for my character does it.

Afterthought: I think it would be interesting to see JimInks wrestle with this question. :)

I originaly suggested three blend/mixtures but I'll do as requested and say that if I had to pick just ONE to smoke always it would have to be McC's FM 2000 the absolute BEST Red Va available !! :cheers: :cheers:

monbla256":l9qoe4vj said:
I originaly suggested three blend/mixtures but I'll do as requested and say that if I had to pick just ONE to smoke always it would have to be McC's FM 2000 the absolute BEST Red Va available !! :cheers: :cheers:
Cool choice--no argument.

Like many others, it's hard to say just one. Just one maker, Gawith Hoggarth . . . but just one blend? I guess I'd have to go for their Brown Flake, especially if I could cheat just a bit and have both the scented and unscented versions ;) If not, unscented, just because even I am not always in the mood for a moderate Lakeland.

That's easy, Carter Hall.
I would sure miss the 4000 other blends I enjoy, with OJK and LBF at the top of the list of sorrows, but I don't want to imagine a world without CH.
Mike.

MacB Plumcake or Mixture Flake, or maybe Dunhill MM965 or Dunhill EM. My pipe(s) of choice would be my Falcon and Istanbul, Dublin, and Billiard bowls. Nothing Earth shattering, just solid pipe smoking enjoyment.

Unfortunately, the scenarios that could lead to one having to make such a painful decision are just too disturbing to consider.

I believe that if I could only smoke one blend, I would get bored with it after a while and stop smoking completely.

If I could only have more bowl before never smoking again (due to illness, being executed at dawn, etc), I think I would choose a big bowl of C&D Billy Budd.

Wandered back to look at this thread again and I've changed my mind, as I knew I would, and choose Mac B's Plumcake, this time.

Plumcake was my first non drugstore blend; I first smoked it in '74. I've enjoyed it ever since, it was my all day smoke for many years, and I've recently gone back to it in a big way. Besides my wife loves the room note. Mac B's HH ODF and HH VS would be runners up.

Lets see what I come up with the next time I read through this thread.

:lol!:

100_0978.jpg

If I had to choose and supply was no question, GLP's Mephisto, or possibly even SPC's Plum Pudding.