If you had to choose only 5 brands of tobacco.....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Dunhill
2. GH&Co
3. SG
4. McClelland
5. Rattray's

Thats going by brands, if we're talking manufacturers you could fit Rattray's, McConnell's, Peterson under K&K, and Dunhill, Escudo, Stokkebye, Orlik, etc under STG, and 3Nuns, Capstan, and MacBaren under MacBaren... am I overcomplicating this? ;>

keen smoke":1jkk5vuv said:
Thats going by brands, if we're talking manufacturers you could fit Rattray's, McConnell's, Peterson under K&K, and Dunhill, Escudo, Stokkebye, Orlik, etc under STG, and 3Nuns, Capstan, and MacBaren under MacBaren... am I overcomplicating this?  ;>
ha ha. No but it does raise a good questions. I now wonder who owns who and who makes what. I guess I thought Sutliff made Sutliff tobacco blends and Lane Ltd made theirs. Hummmm :affraid: 

Boy....that's a hard one. But these are mine I guess in no particular order....

1. Uhle's
2. 4noggins
3. MacBaren (for the HH Old Dark Fired)
4. Esoterica
5. McClelland (for the Craftsbury lines)

I wasn't aware 4noggins had their own blends. I thought they were basically an online retailer. A few months ago, I ordered a Peterson Dracula and they were kind enough to send me 2 samples. Unfortunately I don't smoke English Blends. I did try them but didn't make it past a fe puffs.

zonomo":0ybhrtyx said:
I wasn't aware 4noggins had their own blends.  I thought they were basically an online retailer. A few months ago, I ordered a Peterson Dracula and they were kind enough to send me 2 samples.  Unfortunately I don't smoke English Blends.  I did try them but didn't make it past a fe puffs.  
Some of their aromatics are great. I highly recommend giving em a call or read the descriptions on the site. I particularly like Thomas' Blend (notwithstanding a great name as well......)

zonomo":lezkgu2w said:
I wasn't aware 4noggins had their own blends.  I thought they were basically an online retailer. A few months ago, I ordered a Peterson Dracula and they were kind enough to send me 2 samples.  Unfortunately I don't smoke English Blends.  I did try them but didn't make it past a fe puffs.  
Zonomo, one aro lover to another check out 4 Noggins Lord Methley's blend. You won't be disapointed. I have trouble finding tobacco's I enjoy as much as some of my favorite Boswell's blends and this is right up there. Smokes dry & cool with great flavor IMHO.

Thanks Hawker - I definitely will. I love my Boswell Blends and I find myself reaching for them often. Take care.
Z

Hawker":bdm6nzo2 said:
zonomo":bdm6nzo2 said:
Zonomo, one aro lover to another check out 4 Noggins Lord Methley's blend. You won't be disapointed. I have trouble finding tobacco's I enjoy as much as some of my favorite Boswell's blends and this is right up there. Smokes dry & cool with great flavor IMHO.

Let me back up Hawker on this....4-Noggins, give them a try!

GLP, C&D
Stokkebye
GH
SG

If I were required by law to only purchase from five blenders or less, these guys would keep me quite happy.

Samuel Gawith
McClelland
Fribourg & Treyer
Germain
those 4 are all I'd need to be happy