If you had to . . . .

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordTemplar

Reaction score
If you could not get any other tobacco than drugstore brands, which would you choose.  I like Borkum Riff Original, Whiskey and Cherry.

Ogdens Walnut Flake
Gallahers Condor Plug
Murray's Yaughtsman Plug
Murray's Warrior Plug

S'pect there are a few others I've forgotten about that could give any other blend a serious run for their money. But, if I could only get the above, or even only one of 'em, I'd be a very happy and contented fella.

Actually, it'd make life a lot easier as I wouldn't be wasting time chasing the elusive Arcadia mixture that only really exists in the mind.

I did forget! One of the greats - Erinmore Flake.

Nuff said!

If I could only smoke OTC Tobacco's, my first step would probably be to get rid of my expensive pipes as there is no point in smoking cheap tobacco out of a top of the line pipe.

PA or Carter Hall.

I smoke the heck out of 'em in my only Dunhill.

That said, my cellar will last me and my low bowls per week for quite sometime.

You guys over in England have a far better selection of OTCs than we here on this continet.  ;) 

That said, I'd prolly go for the Captain. White or Blue.

St.Bruno Flake
Condor Long Cut
Mellow Virginia
Gold Block
Troost
Players Flake
Walnut Flake

Cartaphilus":s072jiyw said:
I'd start searching the pasture.
If your into fecal “tobacco” then you should try goat dung. It is more dry and easier to pack, so I have been told, then cow “tobacco”  :lol!: :lol!: 

US domestic-

PA
CH

UK domestic-

Revor plug
St Bruno flake/ready rubbed
Warrior plug

Would prefer the UK OTC's over US sources. Unfortunately they're harder to obtain.

Cheers,

RR

If limited to American "drug store/OTC" blends, it'd be Carter Hall (at least a tub of which I always have around). Troost Special Cavendish (orange pouch) is pretty decent as well.

LordTemplar":0lp6nklg said:
Cartaphilus":0lp6nklg said:
I'd start searching the pasture.
If your into fecal “tobacco” then you should try goat dung.  It is more dry and easier to pack, so I have been told, then cow “tobacco”  :lol!: :lol!: 
We don't do goats in this part of the country. :suspect:
And lets not make this into something disgusting, it's been a long time since I've done any stump roping and they let me go with just a fine.