I'm a terrible parent...:-(

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LL, what makes that soooo fun is that the University HAS to report things like that. If they don't and someone sues the University, they'll have no legal leg to stand on since they didn't do anything to warn the campus community. In this case there wasn't really anything to warn them about. It's what happens in this sue-happy society that we live in. I thought it was similarly disgusting the other day when security was called to my building because a female student (I work at a college) was uneasy about an African-American male student who was nearby and talking somewhat loudly to himself. Come to find out, security know this male student has a condition where he talks to himself and it gets worse the more stressed out he is. I hope the female student was ashamed. He's talking to himself? Ask him if he was talking o you. If not, ignore him.

-Jason

lordnoble":bibestur said:
LL, what makes that soooo fun is that the University HAS to report things like that. If they don't and someone sues the University, they'll have no legal leg to stand on since they didn't do anything to warn the campus community. In this case there wasn't really anything to warn them about. It's what happens in this sue-happy society that we live in.
The cultural substrate in which such thinking grows in the first place is the problem. When clever, greedy people can construct an entire powerful industry out of nothing, it's time to move on.

My answer would be "STFU and teach my kid to read and write. If they can't pass basic college entrance exams, being thin won't help get them in. If I'd wanted advice on raising my kid outside the classroom I'd have asked you".

Fat ass!

I would definitely have to reply with something very, very snarky. You shouldn't pass up the opportunity to get some jabs in. Of course, you never know how this vindictive moron could take it out on your daughter, so I guess you can't go too nuts.

-Andrew

adauria":6ai1uchj said:
I would definitely have to reply with something very, very snarky. You shouldn't pass up the opportunity to get some jabs in. Of course, you never know how this vindictive moron could take it out on your daughter, so I guess you can't go too nuts.

-Andrew
Pretty much this.....

puros_bran":7e8qhrqr said:
Brainwash the children, brainwash the parents.. enforce 'Group Think' in an Us vs Them struggle.. Program immediate and intense obediance...

So whats the problem?? We like this in America.. I've seen comments wishing death for people that text while driving.. wishing cancer on smokers children.. etc etc etc... This shit aint going to get better, it's just going to get worse...

Personally (and I would not even flinch) I would email the teacher, the principle, the whole school board, the mayor, county official, the state, the feds, and the damn UN and tell them in very clear language to Fuck Off.
Come on Bran. When are you gonna stop holding back and let us know how you really feel? :affraid: