I'm Retiring

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winslow

Reaction score
It's time to leave the Post Office and get out of Illinois.I've sold my house and
found a place in Northern Virginia where I intend to live "Happily ever after".
Leaving on my terms,not fired,laid off,or excessed.Kind of nice for a change.I will
be off line for a while at the end of November when we move.
I can't imagine my good fortune in getting to this point in life,I will always expect
to see a little sign on the front door that says "Checkout Time is 11:00AM". :lol:

VaHouse2.jpg

VaHouse.jpg

0000.jpg

Behind the house,2000 acre lake,no motors....I have to paddle a canoe. :shock:

Winslow :sunny:

Lovely place you're going. You got bass in there? Best wishes for the retirement.

But...

Will the Mrs. allow smoking in that lovely new house?

The deck makes me think you'd better buy some sweaters. :twisted:

Muddler":xymmjdh3 said:
Lovely place you're going. You got bass in there? Best wishes for the retirement.
There are supposed to be Bass there and pike,I will find out in time. :)

LL":tg0gfnj8 said:
But...

Will the Mrs. allow smoking in that lovely new house?

The deck makes me think you'd better buy some sweaters. :twisted:
I smoke in my house.She likes Latakia,says it smells like a campfire.She only
gets choked when I light up in the car.If anybody[especially her mother] complains,
they can go sit outside on the deck. :x

Winslow":ie16cvm5 said:
If anybody [especially her mother] complains,
they can go sit outside on the deck.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

That looks wonderful, congratulations! You don't have to kneel in a canoe, you can get a flat bottomed pram with a nice comfortable chair and row around all day :D

Congratulations Winslow. That's a beautiful place. May God give you many years to enjoy it and make us all jealous! :cheers:

Congrats WInslow! I wish I could say I'm retired, but at this rate, I'll be working until I'm 90!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x
I was thinking of relocating to Harper's Ferry for my job with the "GOV", but the Wife wouldn't go. I should have went anyway....................

Way to go Winslow!
Better stock up on OFF.
Course if you start smoking Walnut you wouldnt need it.

Cogratulations my Friend, Many Happy Days! :tongue: Ken.
Much Pacem Your Way! :tongue:

Congratulations on your retirement. I will be joining you Dec. 2 as my last day carrying the mail will be that day.

Congratulations Steve. That is a beautiful place. Interestingly enough when you used the phrase "Happily Ever After" it was de ja vu "all over again" as Yogi would say as that is the name that my wife gave our property here in East Tennessee. She made a sign that is posted at the entrance that reads" Welcome to Happily EverAfter". It certainly is for us. Best wishes for a well deserved and blessed retirement.

I'm very happy for you. Pherhaps I can visit your ranch some day when work slows down. We can sip ice tea and smoke tobacco.

I have 16 years until I retire; I don't even see the end. But with the new addition to my family, I would want to work until I knew he could go off on his own.