Impressive Lighter!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJ

Reaction score
I've griped and whined before about lighters that have to be refueled everyday or two. I have a Nimrod Commander that allows me to go 4-5 days without refilling but I wanted a butane lighter that would go more than a day and a half before it needed to be refilled. My IMC Old Boy is a well made and great looking lighter that lights first time every time when it has fuel but having to fill it every other day is an aggravation. Smoking Pipes has had Kiribi Lighters in stock for some time and the one I wanted looks almost exactly like my Old Boy. They are advertised as having amazing fuel capacity. I ordered the Kiribi Kabuto Mizo Silver Model. When it arrived I filled it and used it exclusively for 6 1/2 days before it needed to be refilled. I usually smoke 4-8 bowls of tobacco a day with a couple of relights during the smoke. This lighter impresses me on every level but the fuel capacity is almost unbelieveable. If small fuel capacity bothers you and you're looking to do better then I can highly recommend this lighter. These lighters cost less than the IMC Old Boys and as far as I can tell the quality is at least as good if not better.  :)

AJ

AJ, thanks for posting pictures and a review of your new lighter. I had my eye on one of those a while ago. Guess I will put a few bucks together by next month and break down and purchase one finally. 

Glad to see you on here!! Hope your doing well my friend  :cheers: :cheers: 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

I am impressed and it's way cheaper than the Old Boys that I could maybe even afford one..........if I wasn't a cheap bastard and content with my BIC's.

I have a couple each of the Unique and IMCO Ol Boy lift arm lighters and I've never had an issue with the size of the tank. I can go a long time between fills. The key with all butane lighters is to bleed them before filling them. I don't do this except for filling Dupont's with the gas cartridges but some will put the bled out lighter lighter in the freezer and put the gas can in a warm spot for a short time before filling.   
I read most of the pipe boards and I've read many negative reviews on the Kirby. It seem that the working loosen up and fail in short order. I've read the Xikar version is junk too but they have a lifetime warranty. I've heard mixed reviews on the Pearl lighters but they are about the same price as an IMCO Ol Boy. I hope you have better luck but at least they are not that expensive. :shock:

6 days without a refill? That sounds pretty sweet. I've added the filling of the Zippos to my evening ritual of loading the night's last bowl, then plugging in the phone, filling the lighter, and rotating the hanging pipes out of their racks into their place in rest rotation. I could drop the lighter part of the ceremony to the weekly pipe servicing ritual! I'll have a look at them!

I had been looking at those awhile back. I figured the taller ones had a good capacity, but seemed too good to be true. Can't tell you how many times I've shelled out for a junk lighter lol. Thanks for the review, somebody had to take the leap.