Inhaling.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cartaphilus":86mdvb7i said:
Idlefellow":86mdvb7i said:
I believe the technique of bringing the smoke through the sinuses and nose is referred to as the snork.  It is not inhaling, but it does indeed contribute to the enjoyment and certainly enhances the favors of the smoke.
Are referring to "French inhaling" were the smoke exits your mouth and you inhale it through your nose?
I exhale a lot out my nose but, don't not "French inhale".
Nope.  Taking the smoke in through the mounth and exhaling some of it through the nose; probably the same thing you're doing.

Puff Daddy":86mdvb7i said:
Idlefellow":86mdvb7i said:
I believe the technique of bringing the smoke through the sinuses and nose is referred to as the snork.
That's a little too Dr Seuss sounding. Borrowing from the cigar community, the act of expelling some of the smoke through the nose is known as Retrohaling.
Whataya got against Dr. Seuss? I'd rather sound like him than use some metrosexual word like "retrohaling" :evil: .

I'm with PD, these are Snork's

tumblr_ln2u4b2bA61qie4i2o1_500.gif

As to apples and Apples, PD, bite it/me.

It is fruits and nuts for this topic, and being on either side is hardly a compliment.

And, bragging about thought patterns, doesn't mesh with forum values.

All of you are missing the point.....................

The op said "inhaling TOBACCO". This means smoking a pipe with way to open an airway like some cobs for instance. Small pieces of tobacco can end up in your mouth and/or airways.

I would recommend fitting a filter in such a case.

SpeedyPete":ryz599nu said:
All of you are missing the point.....................

The op said "inhaling TOBACCO".  This means smoking a pipe with way to open an airway like some cobs for instance. Small pieces of tobacco can end up in your mouth and/or airways.

I would recommend fitting a filter in such a case.
I guess if you are drawing, with the lungs, off a pipe, this is a good solution. Occasionally I'll get a hot ember on my tongue, especially with the wide draw of a cob, but I tell my tongue to quit being a little sissy and deal with it--filters are not an option. :lol: Packing cobs the right way for draft/draw is the key, otherwise.

8)

JKenP":3qk0x1kz said:
I'm finding it harder every day to understand what the hell you're talking about.

To the OP, exhaling smoke through your nose is not inhaling, plain and simple. Taking smoke into your lungs is inhaling and definitely not recommended for pipe smoking.

cigrmaster":r1s3x1up said:
To the OP, exhaling smoke through your nose is not inhaling, plain and simple. Taking smoke into your lungs is inhaling and definitely not recommended for pipe smoking.
Right answer, as far as I have come to understand it.

Cheers,

RR

Puff Daddy":bhg8j6w2 said:
JKenP":bhg8j6w2 said:
I'm finding it harder every day to understand what the hell you're talking about.
Proof positive :roll: :roll: 

JKenP":ocp9pyfo said:
Puff Daddy":ocp9pyfo said:
JKenP":ocp9pyfo said:
Proof  positive  :roll: :roll: 
Oh, OK, you want to do the troll flame out thing because you didn't get your way. Have it your way.