Ink

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
damn velveteagle, never would have guessed. some killer stuff. come on, doc, we gonna get to see a pic? (maybe i missed it.)

I've go two - one on each inner upper arm. My son's name, and astar design thingy. All well hidden.

bruins":j7xjevtc said:
come on, doc, we gonna get to see a pic? (maybe i missed it.)
In good time, my friend... after it heals. I have a terrible picture to commemorate the day, but the skin is still pink and there's big light flare off of the layer of ointment goop.

alright, we'll wait. but i'm going to be disappointed if you don't closely resemble zach galifianakis.

Doc Manhattan":1fuje0yg said:
bruins":1fuje0yg said:
come on, doc, we gonna get to see a pic? (maybe i missed it.)
In good time, my friend... after it heals. I have a terrible picture to commemorate the day, but the skin is still pink and there's big light flare off of the layer of ointment goop.
AHHHHHH Doc, know the feeling, hang in there bro!

All right, as promised:

5002227521_e1c7b6ae92.jpg

Not bad for a first go, eh?

Great looking Tat.. Love the line work.. This should hold up great.. You got a great artist Doc ... :D
Chuck..

I made sure to do my homework and asked everyone I knew... they recommended the guy by name. And the price wasn't even noticeably different--just a longer wait for an appointment once the design was final.

Carlos":twpig5p9 said:
I thought this thread was going to be about fountain pen ink. :(
Me too I really like my manuscript caligraphy ink, but I do not think this is the place to discuss that.

I got my first one on July 4 1998, a cross design I came up with. This past winter I got a couple more as well as relining the first one, I have a couple more planned for the future.
When I got the first one the Artist was a guy named Hippie, his wife worked in the shop as well, she said "once you get one you'll want more", she was right.
Photo's coming soon.

I have a dragon tribal tattoo on my hip and have always liked it. I've been planning on a raven for the other hip, but bills always seem to budge ahead in line when it comes to finances. Hopefully in the next year though.

Here they are:

And:

The dragon is from the Welsh flag with some modifications (it's now smoking a pipe).
The cross I got 12 years ago, the banner below it is in latin, it says: De Omnibus Dubitaindum Est
which means "In Everything, Doubtful Be"
Kind of my way of showing how my beliefs are evolving.

I have three. A flying dragon/bat looking creature on my right hand, skull with wings clinching an 8 ball in its teeth on my right forearm, and motorcycle club colors on my left upper arm. They were all acquired in the 70's.

Doc Manhattan":cj0cjh3p said:
All right, as promised:

5002227521_e1c7b6ae92.jpg

Not bad for a first go, eh?
nice and simple, nobody else is going to have it, and it means something important to you. nice job! thanks for the pic.

That's one helluva housefly ,,they grow that big down there in the big apple?,,, :p

your guy did a great job,,,

On my right arm I have Mjolnir, or Thor's Hammer from Norse mythology. It's religious one, and I also wear a silver hammer on my neck always. But, an unfortunate scar cuts into the tattoo.

0912101556.jpg

On the other, I have something I just drew up one day. It's basically the radiation symbol, combined with the center being the cylinder of a revolver, and a round in each of the three parts around it.

0912101554.jpg

I have some more lined up

HD,
I like that Thors hammer, for my next I'm thinking of a Vegvisir in the center of a Nautical compass with a Runic inscription around it to go over the Dragon on my right shoulder.
Later a Celtic style tree of life incorporating my family tree into it on my back.

I'm with EJ, nice Mjolnir!

My buddy has the runes that Gandalf leaves as a message on Bilbo's door in The Hobbit--all in grey so it looks "charred", very nice.

Handsome Dynamite":4fqax1uw said:
Very cool idea. What would the Runes say?
Not sure yet, still working on some ideas.
Something about the elusivity of, and continual search for truth.