International Pipe Smoking Day 2013

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Conclave Of Richmond Pipe Smokers will be celebrating IPSD on the eve of ISPD (we're always cutting-edge ahead of everything important in the world!) on Tuesday evening, at Legend's Pub Brewery starting at 6:eek:o pm. You are welcome to join us there and celebrate pipe smoking, as well as enjoying the best ales in the world, and darn good food! We have the "smoking room" set aside, so we're going to have our own party! We participate in tobacco-swapping - just to let y'all faint of heart know - it sometimes gets to be quite a scene. As well, some of us show off our latest or oldest pipes, much to the concern of those whose PAD is supressed, it likely will arise to ridiculous levels! Join Craig, Bob, maybe geoff (navigating stolid Ned), Iron Mike, Lee (not Robert E. , but a Southern gentleman as well), Bucky, who is a HAPPY man lately (congratulations are appropriate!), Bob Hamlin's lost brother, and many others, with Amanda (oh, Amanda!) smiling (oh, that smile!) and serving. Beside Brown Ale, Legend is now serving Wee Scot and Bourbon Barrel ales!!! Rely on the hearty sirloin burger and the Pulled Pork sandwich to keep you warm - just the thing needed on a cold winter's night. Rounded out with a bowl of rich tobac to complete a fine evening - to celebrate ISPD!

The day is just a few short hours away gentlemen. Can we call for a 7 pipe day? But not all at once like George is going for.

Hey it's your tongue. A man of your pipe smoking prowess should easily be able to have a pipe clenched from sun up to sun down without stopping. :twisted:

Working today. Don't know if I'll manage to fit in all seven. Maybe if I count the one I'm smoking right now in the wee hours of the morning I'll be close. I'd actually planned for some logyard time today at work, but the weather's taken a turn for the fierce.

Welp they changed my schedule up on me so my time smoking today was limited, but just the same I will manage a total of 3 bowls before midnight.
Balkan Saseini in a Davidoff 104
Guffy's Morning Blend in a Pete 05
Germain's Medium Flake in a Pete IMA69

Kyle Weiss":zc8kx3mw said:
I'm just gonna chew on some JKP all day. That'll show 'em. :twisted:
Why not some Murray's Warrior Plug if you really want to teach someone a lesson?

The WP is harder to get. :lol: I'd go for Brown Bogie, but it looks like cat crap.

8)

Kyle Weiss":e9a2jwr7 said:
The WP is harder to get. :lol: I'd go for Brown Bogie, but it looks like cat crap.

8)
That'll show 'em something too!

Re introducing myself to Virginia leaf via Mac Barens Latakia Blend. Light in taste, not a lot of latakia present. Smoked in an old Golden Horn meerschaum double lattice Canadian. Sadly there is no well stocked smoke shop in town and the real choices are limited to waaaaaaaaaaay overpriced drugstore blends, very limited bulk offerings, or a very small selection of quality tinned tobacco at really silly prices.

From the recent Shadow bombings it appears JR Cigars pipe tobacco selection has gotten a lot more diverse, heck they have the new Stokkebye tins, you might give them a try to get toby to you Fatman.

Oh I aint challenging a darn thing, The Shadow done bombed me already, but apparently bombing more than once is a recurring trend that I want to avoid being the target of.

I am heading to Los Angeles for 10 days in April, I plan on stocking up on some tins while there:) Also plan on stuffing my gob with plenty of great food! To give an idea of prices here, I was in Walgreens yesterday and Captain Black, white package, was $10.99 for a pouch and the large tin was $97.99. The MacBarens I picked up was a tin from 2010 and most likely not re priced over the years for $21.95, as a tin at a different shop was $40.00

I'd be one mail ordering fool if I had to pay prices like that. More power to ya brother.

Just really got back into pipes after a long hiatus, just will take a little time to get the old stock up to a decent level :)

Welp it is nearly midnight here, I need to get outside and get this last pipe for the day lit before my IPSD is over.

Well, the wind's died down and the temp's up to 20F. Looks like I'll be getting in some logyard time today after all. I might just get to smoke all seven pipes.

I recently re-upped my stash of Margate, so I plan on getting in a good smoke tonight. The last few nights have been too breezy to smoke outdoors. Hopefully tonight is a bit more calm.