Quantcast
  • ~ How to Use the New Software ~

Try logging in and if it is not accepting your password,, look to the bottom right corner of page for Contact Us and send a message.

Is this grain really phenomenal?

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

gravel

Reaction score
There is a bit of nice birds eye, but the grain is not phenomenal. Aside from the birds eye, the grain seems average.

Kyle Weiss

Reaction score
For showcasing birdseye, yes. For $3,000+, no. :lol: It's still gorgeous, though.

A

Anonymous

Vivid. And skillfully stained.

My (solicited) opinion.

:cat: :face: :study:

monbla256

Reaction score
Some nice birdseye, nice stain job but NOT phenomonal nor $3,250.00 worth :twisted:

christeaux

Reaction score
It is nice but does not have that BAM!!! for me. It annoys me when people use flashy words, and a huge sales pitch so mark something so far beyond its price that they insult your intelligence.

tech2576

Reaction score
Dutch, it's probably the camera angle. Let us know what it looks like when it get's to your house! :lol:

Growley

Reaction score
I agree with what's been said already, Great birds eye, wonderful stain, but average grain everywhere else.

riff raff

Reaction score

This shot is pretty nice. Not $3.2k nice.......

This Coronation grade Charatan he also has listed, now that that is phenomenal. Guessing this one will end up bringing in $1100-$1200?

Thistleoak

Reaction score
Kyle....When I hit the Lotto I will pick if up for you to have a "knock around" pipe.

GuitarMyFriend

Reaction score
For the price...no,
If I could purchase it... Gosh DARN IS IT GORGEOUS!!!!!!! Probably the prettiest grain I've ever seen. The Birds Eye looks like a Birds Eye!!!
Zach

Kyle Weiss

Reaction score
Thistleoak":hqjzcu55 said:
Kyle....When I hit the Lotto I will pick if up for you to have a "knock around" pipe.
Eff that, I'd put it up for sale for $6,000 and buy 1,000 cobs. :lol:

8)

scotties22

Reaction score
MMeeeehhhh....the birds eye is nice, but the rest is lack luster to me. If being blemish free makes it phenomenal then I have three $3,500 pipes on my workbench right now :lol:

the rev

Reaction score
lucky you I have been hit with blemish, pit, cracks all the way into the chamber and all kinds of evil. I had a fairly good run for a while, but lately... I am not happy jane, or annie, or scottie, or whoever the hell you are today

rev

the rev

Reaction score
btw, are you gonna come to the show on Saturday? Sounded like you might a month or so ago.

rev

alfredo_buscatti

Reaction score
That's very good grain; the stain maximizes the birdseye, which by far is the best feature of the wood. The rest of the whirling grain is, I think, better than great straight grain as above on the straight grain pipe. It's so much more interesting, to me.

Great pipe which I'd love to own, but I could pay rent for 6 months or buy 1600 cans of pork and beans with $3200.

I think the hefty price is mostly that it was made by Julie.

scotties22

Reaction score
the rev":2e1nnoqc said:
lucky you I have been hit with blemish, pit, cracks all the way into the chamber and all kinds of evil. I had a fairly good run for a while, but lately... I am not happy jane, or annie, or scottie, or whoever the hell you are today

rev
Yeah, I never know, minute to minute, who I am either.....so no worries. I normally end up with a few sand pits in the birds eye, but I don't mind 'em. I have an apple now that has a small crack in the birds eye and other than that it is flawless and has some pretty nice grain....will post pics as soon as I tighten up the button a bit.

Not gonna make the show....got a baby that still relys on Momma to eat and can't get away even for the day :cry: .
Sure tried though.....Kansas City in June, I'll be there for sure.

the rev

Reaction score
Not gonna make KC but gonna do Chicago in May.

take care of that little one

rev