It shouldnt happen to a Tinsky

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greyson

Reaction score
I smoked a bowl in my current favourite pipe tonight, my Tinsky christmas 2012, and when I finished I decided to give it a nice good clean, so I took it apart and went to town on it with pipe cleaners and a little alcohol. I was reasonably happy with the results, and without a lot of thought set the bowl and the stem on my coffee table to dry, and went off to check something on the net. When I came back 10 mins later I heard a mysterious clacking sound as my dog played with something on the wooden floor, which was odd because all her favourite toys are soft. You can see where this is going. I really felt my heart drop out of my chest when I realised she was chewing the stem part of my newest and most prized pipe.

dscf1907pk.jpg

Well. It could have been worse. She only got the stem and not the briar, and I'm trying to find out if I can replace that now. She hasn't taken anything of mine and chewed it since she was a puppy, I don't know if it was the alcohol that attracted her or what... but god damn it. I really didn't need that today.

really sorry brother. You should call up Mark and see if he can make a replacement stem for you.

rev

Sorry about your luck, those are awesome looking pipes. I'm saving up for one myself. I'm sure Mark will be able to make you a replacement stem.

:affraid: Dude! That sucks! Hopefully a replacement won't set you back too much. Is that the pipe that came with the extra churchwarden stem?

That is truly a bit of bad luck. I hope you can get a new stem with minimal fuss.

Is it possible the dog wants you to quit smoking?

Fraternally

Jers

George Kaplan":rrx8hnej said:
:affraid: Dude! That sucks! Hopefully a replacement won't set you back too much. Is that the pipe that came with the extra churchwarden stem?
Yeah. The sad thing is that after trying both stems I decided that I much preferred the short stem, it felt just right in the mouth.

Very, VERY VERY bad dog! Pipes are a "no!" :no:

*sigh*

I hope something can be done. :|

Look at it this way, your dog has given her approval of your pipe, she especially approved of the stem. :lol:

Really sorry this has happened, I hope a replacement stem is possible and that it doesn't set you back too much. :heart:

wow Sorry to hear Greyson, there sure has been a lot of bad pipe stories this month (January)

You should rub her nose in some latakia just for good measure (I am kidding). That sucks brother hope Mark can hook you up with a new stem.

My stupid shihtzu chewed on my most used cob. Put a hole in it. This is much, much worse. Sorry about the damage. Kids and dogs are both good at destroying the things we like.

Andy

Sorry about the accident. Maybe smoking a tobacco that the dog hates will help? Or a brand of alcohol that the dog snubs instead of enjoying? That was really a no no.
Bad Dog.

Yeah, I bet Tinsky would make you another stem.

Bad dog! That's why I'm a cat fan. :cat:

Sorry to hear that!
Luckily your dog loves stems more than bowls and shanks. I am pretty sure Tinsky can fix it and you will have your pipe back.

His pipes are wonderful I've heard! He was very kind when I ordered a lot from him! I bet he will fix it! Best of luck getting it fixed brother!

to make you feel better, if it was my English Staffy the entire thing would be inside waiting to come out. My stupid monster can chew through a ham bone in an afternoon.

rev

Ocelot55":ljow9kve said:
Bad dog! That's why I'm a cat fan. :cat:
In my case, that's only true until my cat finds an unattended cigar. For some reason, she tears into 'em like catnip.

My heart goes out to you, brother! :no:
I have seven cats (including a perpetually pregnant matriarch), so I'm no stranger to domestic destruction; at least they have kept away from my pipes and tobacco - so far. :D
Better, perhaps, to look at all this from a 'leftist' point of view: your dog was only 'relating to its environment," and you were guilty of tempting it. :twisted:
Perhaps you should store your goodies in a high place, seeing that canines, unlike felines, prefer not to climb.